Homework (Part 2 to Preath and Mal)

It's been two weeks since Tobin and Press started dating, keep that in mind, now continue...

Mallory Pugh was sitting at a desk she had in her hotel room, working on her math homework. She got frustrated at it and threw her pencil against the wall. "Ugh!"

She slammed her book closed and put it back in her school bag. She picked up the pencil and stuffed it into the bag as well. She went out of the room and walked to her "Mom" and "Mama"'s room. "What's up Mal?" Tobin asked as she opened the door.

"Just missed you guys."

"Aww," Press said. "You wanna watch a movie with us? Toby wasn't feeling great so we decided not to go out."

"Yeah sure," Mal said, sitting between them on the bed.

They both smiled at her and had her hold the laptop. They put in a movie and watched as it began. About halfway through, Tobin fell asleep, so they decided to turn the movie off.

"You okay?" Press asked Mal.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why?"

"You seem... Stressed I guess."

Mal shook her head. "I'm fine, just a test this week."

"Ah, yeah your tutor sent me an email about it."

Mal looked at her funny. "My tutor sends you stuff?"

"Your tutor sends Tobin and me everything, we're like your parents here."

Mal nodded, then looked at the time. "I've gotta go study," she sighed. "See you at dinner."

"Okay, love you sweetie."

"Love you too Mom."

...

It was at dinner that day that Mallory noticed both of her "parents" missing. She sighed and finished quickly. She went up to their room but stopped when she heard what they were saying.

"What are we going to do?" the voice belonged to Press. "We can't just let her get away this, then she'll do it again."

"I don't know CP," Tobin sighed. "We need to get her in here so she can talk."

Mal felt her phone buzz.

<Mom>

Go to our room as soon as you finish dinner

Mal sighed and opened the door. "I was on my way anyways."

Tobin pointed to the bed, instructing Mal to sit. She sat down nervously. Tobin sighed. "Mallory Diane Pugh," she said sternly, causing Mallory to freak out more. "Your tutor called us."

Mallory bit her bottom lip. "You haven't turned in a homework assignment in three weeks!" Press yelled.

Mal sighed but said nothing. "You're falling behind," Tobin said. "What has gotten into you lately?"

"It's too freaking hard!" Mal yelled.

"Mallory, calm down," Press said, sitting next to her and putting a hand on her shoulder. "What's too hard?"

"The math, the science, the English, everything is confusing and I need help!"

"Mal," Tobin said, sitting on the other side of her. "You need to tell us this stuff before it gets this bad, we can help."

Mallory sighed. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Press said. "But you're still grounded."

"Grounded? What's that mean?"

"It means you're not going to team movie night tonight, and you're going to work on homework."

"Ugh," Mal complained. "For how long?"

"Until you're caught up."

Mal sighed. "What about tomorrow night? Me and Alex were gonna hang out."

"You have to cancel," Tobin stated.

Mal groaned and fell back onto the bed. Tobin and Press left her there while they went to get dinner. When they came back, Mal was asleep.

"I'm worried about her," Press whispered.

"Me too," Tobin responded. "She's been way too stressed lately."

"Did we do the right thing?"

Tobin looked at her girlfriend and saw the fear in her eyes. "Hey," she pecked her lips. "We did what we can. It's up to her to make up the work, and we'll be here if she needs us."

Press nodded and sat down on her bed, as Mal was sleeping on Tobin's. Tobin sat down next to her and Press curled into her arms. "I love you Toby," she said quietly.

"I love you too Pressy."

...

That night Tobin and Press set up a desk for Mal to work at. They put her phone plugged in by her bed. Press decided to stay back to help her while Tobin went out, and the next time they would switch. Press prayed that there wouldn't be a next time.

"Alright Mal, what do you want to start with?" Press asked, pulling up a chair next to her.

"Math I guess, that's where I'm struggling the most anyways."

Press nodded and asked Mal to show her the lesson. When Press figured out what she was doing she helped explain it in her own way. Mal finally got it and finished the assignment. She finishes three before Tobin came in. "How's it going kiddo?"

"Good, we got a few done," Mal replied honestly, before coughing into her sleeve.

Press gave her a concerned look. "Are you feeling okay?"

Mal nodded. Tobin looked at the clock. "Bedtime princess," she said. "Press, I'll go get a thermometer."

Press nodded and laid with Mal in her bed. She kissed her forehead. "I'm proud of you," she told her. "For getting this done."

"Thanks Mama, but I shouldn't have let it pile up."

"You're right, you shouldn't have. You've gotta remember that Tobin and I are right here, and you can always come to us for help."

"Thanks."

"I love you princess."

"I love you too Mom."

Tobin came back in then. "Alright sweetie, put this under your tongue."

Mal took the thermometer and put it under her tongue. When it beeped Press got to it before Mal did. "No fever sweetie," she said. "Go to sleep and we'll work a little more in the morning."

"Mmkay. Night."

"Night."

Tobin crawled into the bed on the other side of Mal and wrapped her arms around her.

...

About three weeks later Mal and finally caught up with her homework and was officially ungrounded. Mal thanked her mom's for helping her and ran out to hang out with Alex like hey had planned earlier.

"I love that kid," Press said.

"I'm glad you do," Tobin said. "Because so do I."