Chapter 3

After 4 minutes of the long agonizing beating, I ran out of the house away from his grasp, I ran out to the new barn the was 5 minutes away from where Ironhide was, I got in our Polaris razor, it had 4 doors, and a long bed, Dad taught me how to drive it, I turned it on and I drove to where the new barn was and I grabbed black car/truck paint, and I grabbed some other random parts and I put them in the razor when I got done putting the parts in the Razor.

I got in and I drove to the old barn, when I got to the barn I heard Ironhide groan in pain, I grabbed the supplies and I ran in the barn, I saw Ironhide was still sitting and he was holding his burnt leg, I was going to fight just to keep him alive, I dropped the parts and then I ran over to him and then I grabbed his BIG finger and I held on to it, he stopped groaning and he looked down at me, he had pain and happiness written all over his eyes, "It's okay, I have some parts" I soothed, he started to breathe heavily probably cause of the pain, "Shadow you're here! I heard you scream, so I tried to get up and save you, but then when I got up it hurt so bad, I fell but then you came in" Ironhide explained, I smiled at the thought that he cared about ME! He smiled back, "I grabbed a bunch of random parts!" I said, and I let go of his finger and then I grabbed the supplies and Ironhide held his BIG hand out.

I set the supplies down in his hand and he set them down, I turned to get a soda but I was grabbed I did a yelp in surprise, and then I found myself being held to a black metal chest, "Ironhide" I said then I chuckled, "Don't leave me" Ironhide pleaded softly, I looked up at him, "I promise" I promised him, He nodded in agreement, Ironhide was mean-looking, but he was nice, but the websites that they are bad Decepticons, but I called the teacher a stupid bee with an itch and I then threw an eraser at the Para cause she had tight grip on my arm, and I had OSS for a week, I was taken away from my thoughts when I heard Ironhide shuffle, "Ironhide what's wrong?" I asked, he was quiet, he was quiet for a few moments, and then I noticed his eyes were dim, I sat down by him, and he had two of his fingers on the side of his head, "Ironhide?" I asked, he was still quiet, I started to get worried about him, tears started to fall slowly, I thought he was dead, and then he shook his BIG head, "Ironhide?" I asked in a shaky voice, he looked down at me, "Shadow are you okay?" He asked curiously, I started to chuckle and then I got up and I tried to hug him but I only got ½ of the way, I felt something warm and metal go on my back, I knew it was Ironhide's hand, I felt safer with Ironhide, he was the perfect protector that I needed, and he even hurt himself just to get to me when I was getting hurt, I was going to repay him by helping me.

By helping him fix himself, and that is a promise that I will take to my grave, I grabbed the supplies and I put them in their own separate piles, Ironhide watched me carefully, "Ironhide I got some spray for your paint, I grabbed a hammer to hammer out those dents, and I got a wash rag, and I got a lot of stuff that might help you" I explained, Ironhide nodded in understanding, "And if you need help I can help you" I said, and I walked over to the hay bale bed, I grabbed the first-aid kit and I pulled my sleeve up and the wound that was on my arm was already bruised, I sighed sadly, and I grabbed a wrap and the rubbing alcohol and I started to clean my wounds, and after a while, I heard Ironhide gasp, probably when he saw my leg, they had small wounds I hadn't tend to, "You're not going back" Ironhide said sternly, "We've already been over this Ironhide if I don't go back, he comes out here and he'll find me and then he finds you and then he'll call the number and you'll DIE!" I said, I made sure I yelled Die just so he would understand me a little better, "Shadow, you may be a helpless little sparkling but I can't stand to see you like this" Ironhide said, I looked at him, he had sadness written in his eyes, but I couldn't stand to think about Ironhide dying, "I could probably stay here for tonight when I get done doing the dishes" I suggested, I looked at Ironhide who had a small smile on his metallic lips, "Shadow please be careful" Ironhide pleaded, I looked at him and I smiled, "I will" I promised, and with that I walked out of the barn, I jumped in the Razor and I drove home, when I got home, I saw some of Dad's friends trucks, I put the Razor in the new barn and I pulled the keys out of the ignition and with that I walked in the house, when I got inside Dad and his buddies were sitting on the couch drinking their beers and watching the football game, "Hey Shadow" greeted Tom Jones, my Mom's brother, Tom had black hair with blue eyes like me and my Mom does, he was wearing a black tee with Wranglers on and he had his camo boots on, "Hey Tom" I said, I made sure I didn't limp, and then I saw Tammy Tom's wife, she has brown eyes with black hair, she's wearing a white tee shirt with Miss Me jeans and boots, sitting by her husband with a beer in her hand, I saw the small drop of water on the side of the can, looks like she hasn't had it for awhile, "Sweetheart are you okay?" She asked curiously, don't get me wrong I love them both but they tend to get a bit nosy, "I'm fine" I said, none of Dad's friends know he abuses me, I'm too scared to say anything to them about it, "Hey Shadow honey could you get me another beer?" Monster asked politely, he doesn't use his disgusted voice around his friends, "Uh... Sure" I said, and then Dad tossed me his empty crushed beer can which I caught, I walked to the kitchen and I threw the beer can away, and I opened the fridge and I grabbed a beer can and when I had the beer in hand, I closed the fridge and I walked back into the living room, "here," I said while handing Monster his beer, "Thanks pumpkin," He said sweetly, I remember when he used that voice on me when Mom was around, even when she was at work he was sweet, kind and polite, he would always wake me up with a 'Good morning beautiful' or 'Shadow wake up if you want to go fishing' I remember the good old days. 

"Hey, Dad do you think it would be okay if I spend the night in the old barn?" I asked curiously, "Sure" He said politely, so with that he pulled me in a tight hug and when he let me go, I saw a sweet smile on his lips, I remember that smile too, he kissed me on the right cheek and I ran upstairs, but while I ran upstairs I wiped my cheek off trying to get his nasty grease taste off of it and when I got upstairs to my room, I grabbed my bright green Under Armor duffle bag, I throw clothes, food, and drinks in it, and I packed plenty of blankets and pillows, I grabbed my tool box, and I stuffed all of that in a duffle bag, I grabbed my tooth brush and my tooth paste, and then I ran back down stairs, with my bag slumped over my shoulder, "Good night sweetie" Dad said, "Love ya Shadow" Tom said, "Night Honey" Tammy said, "Night, Dad I'm gonna take the Razor" I said, "Okay, Sweetheart be careful" He said, I love it when he spoke nice and softly to me, I nodded, when I got outside, I quickly threw my stuff in the passenger seat, and I put the keys in the ignition and I started it and I drove to where Ironhide was waiting for me.