Chapter 25

We managed to stop the man from killing Fay, agreeing to stand down and obediently follow our attackers back to their pack house, trudging back uphill through the snow. We expected some place hidden, but as we returned to town, we found the complete opposite. The place was beautiful and modern, in contrast to the older, more western architecture in Sedona. As we entered, a small handful of men and women trailed behind us as we were practically dragged to the alpha.

I honestly expected some old guy like Victor, but instead, we found a girl in her mid 20's with her feet crossed up on top of a large pine desk, casually flipping through a fishing magazine. She had sun kissed skin and fiery red waves. Though we were in the middle of winter, she wore cut off shorts, hiking boots, and a tank top with Arizona embroidered across it.

"You get blood on my new rug and I'll make you scrub it clean with your toothbrush." She turned the page, not bothering to look up.

"You'll never guess who this lovely bunch were looking for." The man with grey eyes shoved us forward, the other wolves left the study, closing the door behind them.

"You gonna tell me or just stand there looking like an idiot?" She turned another page.

"The pack who helped the Lord quite a few years back." That caught her attention.

"And you brought them here because..?" Waves didn't sound pleased at all.

"The little nugget had this on her." Grey placed something on the desk, whatever it was was wrapped in a cloth.     The alpha sat up straight and unwrapped her new gift. It was a knife, though it looked more like a miniature sword.

"Well what do we have here?" She turned the weapon over using the cloth, careful not to touch it with her bare hands. "Where did you get this?" Her hazel eyes never looked in our direction.

"Give it back." Fay bristled and Waves eyes turned malicious.

"I won't repeat myself."

"Fay, now's not the time.." Daniel warned as he supported Eliza.

"I'll make this simple," Waves pulled out a pistol from her desk, cocked it, and aimed at Fay's forehead, "Start talking or don't ever talk again." I stepped forward but the alpha pointed it at me instead. "Ah ah ah, sorry handsome, no heroes here." 20 minutes later, Eliza and Shawn were being treated, their wounds were more urgent than anyone else's. Fay and Hailey a.k.a. Waves, exchanged information which ultimately led to another letter.

***Fay's POV***

"It was delivered just last night, talk about a time hop." The alpha mused, she had read it the moment it arrived last night. Hailey's father had been the alpha when Alex was here, he died only a few years ago. Another small group had come looking for him; they led an attack to punish the pack who aided the Lord. Her father died defending her and her mother who was also killed.

"This letter...it was dated only a few days ago!" I turned to look at Luke who was sweating with a pained look in his eyes. He clutched onto the chair in front of him to keep himself upright. "Hey, what's wrong?" He coughed and pressed a hand against his chest.

"I'm fine.."

"What is he sick or something?" Hailey took a step back. Seriously? This militant alpha was afraid of germs?

"No, I don't know, he's been-"

"I'm fine!"

"Like hell you are!" I snapped and held my hand to his face, his body temperature was climbing steadily. "Where's there a shower?"

"What?!" Both Hailey and Luke stared at me as if I had grown antlers.

"He's burning up, we gotta get his temperature down." Hailey nodded and led the way to an empty room, Luke was too weak to fight me by the time I shoved him into the bathroom. Hailey tried to follow but I locked her out.