Chapter 33

Sansa peered around the great hall, she found it strange to be out of her confinement. This was the first time since their wedding that Ramsey had allowed her to leave that room. He had sent Myranda to bathe and dress her. Ramsey was seated at the top of the room, Sansa remembered how her father used to sit there, with Robb at his side and her mother on the other.

"Ah Sansa, I've been waiting for you... Come sit" Ramsey gestured her to sit in the seat next to him. "You're the lady of Winterfell... It seems only right you join me by my side, to fulfil your responsibilities as my wife" Sansa only turned her head slightly in his direction, glancing at him out of the corner of her eye. Ramsey waited for a moment as if he expected her to say something, before turning to face the door.

Two guards walked through, gripping the arms of someone with their face covered and hands bound. "Release him" Ramsey said in a soft, smug tone. The guards left him, stood in front of the table where Ramsey and Sansa both sat. She could hear the staggered breaths of the person stood in front of them. She turned to Ramsey whose face was pulled in its usual expression.

"Did you forget about your surprise? I have a girt for you". Sansa felt her brows furrow as she looked back to hooded figure stood in front of her and back to Ramsey. He stood next to the person who seemed full of terror. He pulled the hood off his face roughly, revealing his face.

Sansa looked at him, he seemed more of a boy that a man, his hair was ragged and his face covered in mud. The longer she stared at him, the more she felt her heart drop and the realisation of the boy stood in front of her. "No...no" her words were barely a whisper.

"Your little brother, home at last" Ramsey watched as tears began to fill Sansa's eyes. She wanted to rush over to him and hold him in her arms. But all she could do was stare back at him, Rickon staring back at her. She felt as though she was frozen, unable to move or speak.

At first she felt a sadness that rushed through her entire body, a sadness cause by her in capabilities to protect him from this monster. The longer she looked at him, the quicker her sadness flooded through her body, until it was met by a burning anger, that rested in the pit of her stomach. She finally felt something, and she never wanted to let it go.

She was a Stark, it didn't matter how many times Ramsey hurt her, she would always be a Stark. Nothing could take that away from her, not even him. She remembered what her father used to say.

"The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"

She wasn't a lone wolf any longer, and she had to protect her brother, he was her family. She had to fight, she had to survive.