7.destruction

"that's fair game for you? that how you wanna play?" Kaden asks from across the wrecked living room. after i've thrown every porcelain object at him and only actually hurt him one time. my dress has been torn everywhere, only my lace bodysuit covers my breasts because the dress is not serving any purpose at this point. His face is bloody, his shirt is ripped over his pec and his hair looks like it was just fucked. I'm punch-friendly.

in one of our fits, he throws me against a set of individual shelves where i bring everything down with me including a 9mm Wilson combat. we both look at it. a death stare going between us.

"I bring you into my house and this is what you do?"

"I'm not a nice girl" with that I launch for the gun and he intelligently goes for the kitchen instead of trying to get the gun from me. I manage to fire before he gets there but I miss in my frenzy. Suddenly i hear the click of a magazine telling me he found another gun. "oh ohoo what are you doing pretty Kaden?" I say when I see him aiming at me at the same time I aim at him. this is a him or me situation.

He fires at me from the kitchen but i hide behind the wall. i fire at him, and clearly miss when even more glass is being shot down. "WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME AGAIN?" i hear him yell and i shoot again. i'll run out shortly.

"Because you're a fucking assassin, a parasite and a threat to me." i see his head and fire but again, only hit his bulletproof glass. And then that's it, my magazine is gone. So i sneak close to him using the furniture as cover. He's behind the counter and when he answers i take my turn.

"threat?" as soon as he speaks I'm over him and I've taken the gun from him but he pushes it off me until none of us has it. "well." he grabs my neck and throws me on the ground. "you did kill my brother didn't you?" he presses down on my throat choking me. I bring my knee to hit on his ass and escape his death grip on my throat. I throw punches and hooks but he returns them whenever he can as well.

when we're in from t of each other again i look at the set of knives he has on the counter top. but he speaks as i round the kitchen island. "oh little Prowse tell me, what is it exactly? to what do you owe the love for edged weapons? is it because your first kill was using a knife? you twisted it in his calf. you killed your mommy's dealer? that was brave of you."

"Ha, like you're one to talk, you got mommy issues and your brother couldn't fucking stand you. you never really did have a family did you? isn't that why you're so pissed at me?" i chuckle and taste the blood in my mouth. he suddenly grabs one of the knives and slams me on the glass wall with the knife right beneath my chin, threatening to cut with as little as a blow. I look at him again, and I look real deep this time so he knows he can't show me anything new. I move my head up towards the knife, adjusting so the edge falls neatly over my throat. "you need to learn how to control your emotions baby. daddy doesn't like bad girls?" I tease, licking the blood from my upper lip.

he moves away harshly leaving me in front of him so i raise my knee to his crotch and by reflex his knees bend. i take this opportunity to put a foot on his thigh and my hands on his neck. i climb onto his broad shoulders. I hold his jaw. I could twist his head right now. however, he takes my thighs and bends down to where he can take me off him and instead of falling right on my ass I land on my hands and then roll on the floor into the middle of the kitchen. I stand up slowly. a sweaty mess standing and my leg screaming at me for being such an idiot.

"This could go all night, but you're not winning," I tell him and before he can do anything the house's alarm system trips. We both freeze and look out the glass windows to see the sirens of the FBI SUV. they found me using my wristwatch's GPS. They took their time too.

"What the fuck did you do?" Kaden comes for me but i hold a finger up in warning. "i swear to god Prowse."

"Ready for jail baby?"

"Not in a lifetime" he says harshly by the door. "here's how it's gonna happen, you'll answer the door and you'll tell your lovely FBI to go eat ass and there's nothing here, you're just, relaxing? huh? Anything else, and i will not blink before killing you, and all of them" he threatens.

i walk to the door while he grabs the gun and finally a knock. i can tell that's Alex. He always knows in the exact same way. Then i hear him speak and i know it's him. "it says she's here"

"you sure?" That's Mako. that's definitely them. So it's not the FBI, it's just... my friends. i open the door knowing fully well i look like a mess.

i sneak my head around the small crack of the big wooden door while Kaden hides right next to it. "yes?" i say with a sleepy voice.

"Skylar?" Alex questions.

Kaden mouths at me "Alex?"

i search on the lining pocket of my shorts for the flash drive i still owe the FBI and thankfully i didn't lose it during the fight. i give it over to him. "Here. see you tomorrow-"

"we are actually here to escort you back to base. SWAT has been dispatched." Mako informs me. "The agency reached the conclusion you're not to be on the field so they're bringing you in"

"uhhh, no, i haven't... i haven't done anything wrong"

"You were seen with Ryan" that explains it.

"That's a fucking reach" i chuckle.

"Prowse i think it's best if you cooperate and simply come with us. Two SWAT agents are with us"

"no!" then i see the two agents get out of the car. they come for me and in an effort to keep Kaden out of it i walk outside. they grab me by my arms and i glance quickly at the gun on their hips. And the taser too. in one quick move i slide out of one man's hold and do a flying triangle on the other man. once my feet are locked behind his neck all my 170 pounds pull us to the ground where i detach his gun from him and shoot the other on the arm. i twist the arm beneath me and pull so far the man screams and not wanting to kill him i get his taser from his belt and knock him out. it happens so fast Mako is just reaching me. i stand up and kick and hit him until he releases me. before anything else can happen we all hear gunshots, and they are not from the inside.