Chapter nineteen /joined for life

Wedding vows

A wedding like no other before.
A joining that the gods bestow
I give myself to you.
Body and soul
Not just for this life
but every other as a vow
In the presence of gods
I put my hand in yours
Sworn to be true till
My last breath
You brought love
into my life
Made it magical
A treasure to cherish
I promise to walk
with you my heart
through life's every moment
For every moment is a boon
And you a wish come true

I remember the day
When I happened upon you
The glowing spirit
the spark inside you
They attracted me like a magnet
You became my love
I promised myself to you then
Cause you were my second half
A part so priceless
You complete my soul
You unveiled all layers
Till I dared to bare
Without any fear
Who I truly am.
I promise my love for now
I promise together forever
For no moment is complete
Without you in it
Eternity is less when
We are together

"Why do you have to go now? Why can't we come later when everyone has arrived? It is beneath our status to arrive so early."
"I told you that I am giving the girl away and as such I am standing in place of her father. So I have to be there before the other guests arrive."
"But, I don't understand why are we here, after all that the Rathore family did to my brother's family and me. How can you let it go so easily. Poor KamalLata!! Her heart is broken! She couldn't believe that Kumar Abhimanyu could do this to her."
Rani Charumitra and Rana Digvijay Singh were sitting in the lounge adjoining their room. The Ranasa was all dressed up in a brocade cream sherwani with a cream turban. A double string of pearls was hanging from his neck. A chain watch was neatly tucked away into his right pocket. He smoothly took it out and checking the time, looked at his irritated wife. It would be better if she did not come to early to the wedding.
"I have told you all ready. It is a debt I pay. I was in debt to her father for saving my life many years ago. You wouldn't know about it. So when I came to know about his demise and his last wish concerning his daughter, I requested Rana Ratan Singh let me give her away, and thankfully he agreed."
"Who is this girl? What is her name....I...."
There was a knock on the door. Looking away gratefully he called out..."Yes!! Come in!!" He was trying to avoid Charumitra finding out the identity of the bride, and his reason for giving her hand away in marriage. The door opened and a man entered. He was wearing a uniform of the Ujjangarh house. He came and bowed to the royal couple. Then announcing that the car was waiting for him he left.
Rana DigVijay Singh got up, a man immidiately came forward and straightened his clothes. He turned and looked at his wife sitting like a petulant child there on the sofa chair.
"I have to leave early but you can come after two hours directly to the Vrindavan gardens. By then everyone will have arrived."
"Yes!! I think that would be best. Anyway I have a headache and I think I shall lay down for an hour."
The Ranasa walked out. Rani Charumitra sat where she was fuming. She was so angry, angry at the Rana Digvijay Singh for not caring, for not bothering about how hurt she was. How had such a subdued man become so confident. She had played him so well over the years that he had left every thing on her, slowly retreating into himself till she thought nothing could get him out. But here he was, again like the man she had gotten married to fifteen years ago.
Ohhhh... it was all getting to much. First all that confusion and mix up with Adira. Then her running away. Because of that chits absence all the running of the estate and the other business had come on to her. Why did she run away. There was no way she could have know that they were planning to get her married off to the Chaudhary Himmat Singh. Then Kumar Abhimanyu.....uffffg...... that spineless fool had caved in to his parents. And left KamalLata high and dry. My poor girl, she was inconsolable from the pain of it all.
A maid entered the room bowing forward she reminded Rani Charumitra that it was time to get ready for the wedding. Surprised where the time had gone, she got up to get ready. The Ranasa would have been more then happy, actually come to think of it he had been requesting that I not come at all. But had I not come for the wedding it would have been social suicide. This was the wedding of the year. The family was one of the most influential in the country. Not coming here meant that you were not important enough to be invited. That would have not been tolerable.