~ Chapter Four ~

Chapter Four ~ Deals Made And The Hell Gates Are Open

The night has gone well so far. Haven't spoken to Asher any further as he has been off with Thomas, talking to business with everyone. Announcements have been made, deals been made and the night is slowly coming to an end.

The time is going past 11 and I'm getting tired. I try to look for my parents but I don't see them. I look round and see people leaving the house, heading home. I follow and head outside. Feeling the nippy cold hit my skin like a wave. I look up at the sky once I'm on the porch stairs and see the dancing stars. I remember my dad taking me out at night after mummy passed and telling me the stars are always here for us. The stars are like your passed family, watching over you and always there for you.

"Excuse me, Miss Pierce" I hear my name called and I turn to see a man, dressed in a butlers outfit.

"Yes" I say kindly with a small smile placed on my face.

"I'm Mr Taylor, head butler of the house workers and your parents are in the family room" he informs me, "they would like you to come" he says politely.

"Of course as long as it's quick as I'm tired" I do a small laugh and see him smile with joy.

"Follow me" he smiles and he leads he way up the stairs onto the second floor, down a corridor and outside a oak door.

He knocks on the door and I hear the faint come in from the other side. Mr Taylor opens the door and walks in with me following. Once I'm in I see the open fire place with orange flames setting spark, the curtains closed, three large sofas and a coffee table with small glasses of alcohol. On one of the sofa is seated John and Harper, the second one of where my father and Mum is seated looking at me with a warm but nervous smile. But what shocks me is an angry looking Asher seated on the third, his knuckles nearly turning white as he clenches onto the glass he's holding, his eyes diverted onto the floor in front of him.

"Tate come in" Harper smiles proudly and I see Mr Taylor leave. I carefully take a seat next to Asher but there's a large distance between us both.

"Mr Taylor said you wanted to see me" I say looking at them all apart from Asher.

"He is very correct dear" Harper smiles at me and I begin to feel my palms sweat.

"If you don't mind but why? And I'm quite tired" I do a sweet smile and hear Asher huff, I look at him but see him not looking at me.

"We will let your father explain and then I will fill in any details" John informs me and I thats wear I hear Asher do a not humorous laugh.

"Yeah please inform your daughter on this" Asher tells, his facial features hardened and looking disgusted.

"Well Tate, the company is running low on income" my dad breaks the awkwardness and my eyes widen.

"We are near bankrupt" I say speechless, "why didn't you tell me?" I say, not believing this.

"We aren't bankrupt, just on the verge" my dad informs me and I look at him in shock. "That's why Montgomery have decided to help us" dad gives me a small smile.

"You mean Asher" I point out in almost a questioning tone.

"Not exactly Tate" this time John steps in, "your father and I have come up with an arrangement" he says.

"Tell her what the deal is father" Asher does an annoyed laugh, his eyes looking tensely at his father.

"Asher here, Montgomery will help Pierce & Co as long as you and Asher are arranged to be married" John says and I freeze like ice.