Chapter 2

Stop what you're doing and watch the trailer up there ^ made by @ZapFtZayn, omfg it is absolutely amazing and perfect!!!! Leave a comment on how amazing it is!!!

********************************

Most of the crowd had cleared out, exiting from various doors leading out into the early hours of the morning. Brooklyn and I decided to wait until the wave of people had thinned out...actually, Brooklyn had decided to wait because she wanted to catch another glimpse of Ryder. She just couldn't get the last hour out of her head.

"I can't believe he winked at you. Of all the people in this room, he picks the one person who won't fuck him at his beck and call. It's ridiculous really, it's fucking ridiculous. I was sitting right next to you, wearing practically nothing...and he decides to wink at you, the girl who is emotionally and mentally damaged." Brooklyn huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. I couldn't believe how upset she was over this especially since nothing was actually going on. So what if he winked at me, that didn't mean a single thing. He probably winked at hundreds of girls every night...right?

"Would you calm down?" I instructed, folding my legs underneath me as we continued to sit on the extremely uncomfortable chairs. I tucked my hair behind my ears and shrugged, "He probably thought I was someone else. Let's just go, okay? I'm tired and I'm cold and I just want to curl up in my bed."

Brooklyn sighed and stood up, helping me to my feet as well, "Fine...but I'm asking Ryder about this on Monday when we get back to school."

My stomach dropped and I felt my face begin to blush, "No Brooklyn, no. I mean it, you stay away from him. He's probably a really dangerous guy and he's got other things going on."

Brooklyn shrugged, "Yeah sure."

The fighters that had won during the night were now gathering groups of people to go out for drinks. Brooklyn desperately wanted to join them but she held to her word as she had promised and said that we were going back to the car. The only problem was we didn't know how to get out of here, in all the confusion of getting into this place we didn't make a mental note of where we came in from.

"Let's try this door." Brooklyn suggested, using her shoulder to push the door open. On the other side we found a stair case just like the ones we had originally came down hours ago. But once we reached the top of them and exited into the ally outside, it wasn't the same alleyway. This one was dirtier. And there was a dead end on one end while the other end lead further into darkness. This wasn't the right door.

But when I tried opening the door to get back inside, I found that it was locked.

"Shit." I cursed, letting out a long shaky breath.

Brooklyn placed her hands on her hips, "It must lock from the inside. Well what the hell are we suppose to do now?"

I shrugged, "We can either wait for someone else to come out or we can try walking down that intimidating ally into the darkness."

Brooklyn thought it over and was about to open her mouth but I shook my head before she could answer, "No we aren't going to walk through the darkness in a sketchy ally in a town we don't even know just so you can get your fix of adrenaline. We are staying here until either someone opens this door or the sun comes up."

My friend stomped her foot into the stone beneath us, "I don't want to stay here. I've got a pocket knife in my purse. Come on, let's just get out of here Emma."

I pointed at her, "You've dragged me into some crazy shit tonight so from now on I get to make the calls and I say that we stay here."

Brooklyn's eyes clouded over in anger and she clicked her way to the other side of the ally, placed her back against the wall, crossed her arms even tighter, and glared at me. I had to turn away, the disappointment in her stare was too much for me to take. She's been trying to get the old me back for the past year...but nothing was working.