Chapter 8

Arabella's POV

I just got to the office and everything seems calm today. Yesterday when Antonio I mean Mr Giovanni came and talked rudely to me, I tried my best to avoid him. Honestly I don't know why I was avoiding him because I'm not supposed to be affected by what he says. Thank god he gave me the day off. I was already really angry with him for making me work from here which was totally stupid but on top of that he was being arrogant and egoistic. Urgh what is wrong with him? Trying to get him out of my mind, I went to my office. It's kind of unbelievable that I have an office. Just two days ago, I had a desk outside of Mrs Hashington's office and I had no problem with that. I'm not going to see Devon for a long time. Okay I really need to start working. With that I opened my scrapbook and started looking through. Thinking of it, I should really start calling Antonio: Mr Giovanni because he is my boss right so that's what I'm gonna do.

After a few hours of choosing the design of the room, I finally came to three choices. That must be good for the family rooms. Okay now comes the part that I have been dreading the whole day: I had to show the design to the boss aka Antonio. I just hope that he does not go all crazy on me. Okay breathe Bella breathe. I got out of my office and made my way to the elevator with my samples of curtain material and the colour of the walls and the tiles and all that stuff. It's going to be fine and I just need to be calm and not panic. I got into the elevator and pressed the top floor. The doors opened and a man and a woman got in the elevator. The woman smiled at me and I smiled back. "I haven't seen you here before. My name is Alie," she said with a genuine smile. "Yeah I'm new here. I'm Arabella. I'm an intern interior designer," I said. At least there is someone who is nice around here. "But why do you work here? I don't mean to be rude," she said. "I'm decorating the new hotel that Mr Giovanni is building. He said it will be more practical if I work from here," I said. "Oh anyways, it was nice to see you," she said as she got out of the elevator when we reached her floor. Wow this building has a lot of floors. There was still the man in the elevator and there was an awkward silence between us. I tried my best to avoid his gaze and looked down. The elevator binged and the doors opened. It reached the top floor. So I quickly got out of the elevator. But obviously, me being super clumsy, nothing could go right. I stumbled and nearly fell. I screamed waiting for my face to connect with the floor but it never happened. "You can stop screaming now," I heard a manly voice said. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the man who was in the elevator. He was smiling at me showing me his perfect white teeth. "What is happening here?" I heard an angry Mr Giovanni said from behind me. At that moment the man from the elevator let go of my waist causing me to fall to the floor. "Ouch," I said as I hit the floor. "Oh God, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to drop you," he said with an apologetic face. He was going to help me up but Antonio told him to leave. "But sir-" he started but Mr Giovanni glared at him. Meanwhile, I got up and started to pick my things up. Mr Giovanni was turning to leave but I stopped him. "Sir, I have some options that I have selected for the family room. Would you please look at it," I said but he just nodded and told me to put it on his desk in his office. "Is that all," he asked looking a bit annoyed. "Yes sir," I said as I was about to leave. "Uh Stella if you don't mind me asking, how old is your daughter?" he asked which totally made me confuse. "Daughter?" I asked. "Yes Ana the one you brought to Leo's house the other night," he said and then I realised what he was saying. "Oh no Ana -" I started but got interrupted by my phone. I excused myself when I saw that it was my mom who was calling.

After getting the approval of Mr Giovanni for the colour of the walls and the tiles, I started to search online for some nice places to get furniture from. I need to ask Mr Giovanni what he wants as furniture for the rooms and then I can really start looking for the good ones. I emailed him my thoughts on the choice of the furniture that would be suiting the family room. Okay I have to admit that he is scaring me a lot since the morning when he went all angry on the guy from the elevator. He looked scary. Maybe he was already having a bad morning and had to remove his anger on someone. So let's just not get all worked up because of him. I mean I already working myself up with it. I should just stop thinking about him. Looking at the time I saw that it was time for my lunch break. I got my purse and got to the elevator.