How It All Begins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~3 DAYS LATER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were at a the Hong Wei Temple in China, wishing my father goodbye for the last time as the monks placed him in the ancient graveyard. Hunter said he used to tend the graveyard, so they let us burry him here. “For a friend as good as him, I would do anything.” Hunter would constantly tell me. There was also an Asian Lung Dragon at the temple. Hunter said his name was Lung Wei, and that He had trained Hunter a while back. The old dragon had a habit of talking to people in there minds, but it didn’t bother me, besides, he was allowing my father to be buried here. And for that I thanked him. After the burial, Lung Wei and Hunter walked to the spot my father had been buried. Lung Wei then began to say something in the amazing tongue of Dragon. I understood a little of what he said, but it all faded away when a statue began to appear. After it had fully appeared, I noticed that it resembled my father. The statue stood facing the east, my father looking strong and protective, as if watching over those that lay in the graveyard. Hunter then walked to the statue and began to inscribe something into its chest. After he finished, I looked at it. “An Ancient Burial Right, Especially For Dragons.” I smiled at the engraving and put a hand on the statues chest, saying my final goodbyes.

We weren’t allowed to stay here for long, we had an urgent mission redirect. There was a call in about a nuke being planted in New York tomorrow, and command wants us there as fast as possible. Sighing, I said my final goodbyes to my father, and Lung Wei approached my side. “You may come back to visit him any time you want little one.” he said, causing me to smile. “Ill even bring you up here myself when I come to train, if that’s ok with you master?” Hunter said, locking his gaze with the legendary dragon. The dragon smiled and nodded to us as the pilot of our V-44 transport called us. “Take care of yourselves now little ones.” Lung Wei called as we entered the aircraft. “Thank you so much.” I thought to myself, knowing he could hear me. We quickly lifted off and began to fly toward New York. Not knowing the full extent to our mission, but ready to fulfill it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE NEXT DAY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“We think the NUKE will be in the Empire State Building, but don’t exactly know its location.“ a General stated, telling us all he knew, which wasn’t much. After about 20 minutes of talking, a white and blue dragon entered the room. Hunter immediately rose to his feet in surprise. “Artemis, What are you doing here?” he asked, his tone was that of both excitement, and shock. “Bomb threat. Knew you’d be around.” she replied with a smile. Her Azure eyes seemed to be hypnotic as she scanned over each of us. She was white with blue spines going down here back. She also seemed to be the same size as Hunter, if not just inches shorter. “You going to introduce me to your friends” she asked. “Right,” Hunter began. “This is Shadow, Nina, and Cloud,.” he said pointing to each of us. “Guys this is Artemis, an old friend of mine.” he stated with a smile. “Dismissed!” the General stated, causing everyone to stand and leave. Moments later, we were riding to the Empire State Building through abandon streets. I’ve seen New York only twice in my life, but never like this. It seemed like the whole city was abandon. No one walking the streets, no one outside, nothing. The only thing that could be heard were the sounds of our AM TRACS riding through the city.

Hunter and Artemis were making small talk, probably about there lives to this point or something. Suddenly everyone came to a stop as a voice crackled over our COMS. “Guys I need you to get to the nearest fallout Bunker. The NUKE is armed and will go off in about 10 minutes.” the General stated. “Copy Talon out.” Hunter said as the vehicles turned around and began to drive away from the Empire State Building to a nearby Fallout Bunker. When we reached it, everyone stepped inside. The space was bigger than I thought it was, and could easily hold the 40 of us and possibly more. Everyone then began to talk with each other as time passed by. Within minutes though, the lights inside the room dimmed, silencing everyone. An explosion could be heard as the Nuke went off. “HAZMAT SUITES ON NOW!” Hunter ordered the Humans, who immediately began to put them on. After the blast silenced, everyone began to speak again. Mostly about what the city might look like. Hours passed, but hours soon turned to a day as we waited for the harsh fallout to come down. “Ok I think were safe to go outside.” Hunter stated as he stood and went to the door. As he opened it, I immediately noticed the cloud filled sky. How no sunlight came through it. He stepped outside and we followed, only to see the waistland that used to be New York. No buildings stood in the nothingness. Only death and desperation. Debris could be seen floating on the wind as it passed. The sky seemed to be dyed read from the blast. I was shocked at how much damage was done, but more shocked about what this meant. “What is this?” I asked Hunter. He stayed silent. His horrified face locked onto the wrecked city. He finally closed his mouth and replied, “This………this is how it begins!”

(Ok guys, this is the final instillation to the FSRTDW series, I am giving the rights to my characters over to dragonman123, so you guys need to check his book Draco Humani (Human Dragon) book 1 and 2, they are really good. Anyway, I want to thank all of the people who have read this and those who have fanned or voted, it really means allot to me. I also want to thank you guys for keeping me on this trilogy, and not letting me stop it. You guys are amazing.)

(Sincerely, taro619)