13. A Small DROP of BETRAYAL

Brazen pulled my arm leading me toward the dining room. I feel a bit of electricity run through my veins with her touch.

What is this? I asked myself and looked at her. There's no change with her reaction so I knew it was just me. She feels nothing at all.

We finished our meal and had a conversation for a while and I prepared to leave.

"Come again next time." Brazen lead me to the door until I left.

I can't stop thinking about her. She's always the woman that has been in my head since the day I met her. But she doesn't feel the same towards me. All that she shows me are just a friendly connection. I was in friend zone which made me look at myself in the mirror. I can't compare myself to Scion. Only Brazen knows what made her fall for him.

I lied on my bed and sleep.

"Sovran."

Who is she again, this woman in front of me? She's holding a baby in her arms with warmness mixed with a sad smile. She's the one whom I used to love. Someone I used to know but now, she's dead.

"Judy." I took a step towards her. Why is she carrying a baby in her arms? Ah, she was pregnant that time when she died.

The white walls, light, everything around us is very bright and it gets stronger that I begin to cringe in pain.

"Move on, Sovran. Goodbye."

*Thud*

Huh! What's that noise? I went outside my door and peeped downstairs. 'Who's doing that in the middle of the night?'

I got my gun hidden inside the vase and walked in the dark.

I slowly took the stairs and narrowed my eyes trying hard to see my surroundings in a dim light that's coming from the streetlights.

*thug*

That's a sound from the refrigerator so I went to the kitchen.

"Damn you, Scion!" I was relieved seeing Scion eating some sandwiches.

"This sandwich is delicious! Where did you get it?" He continued eating with a big bite.

"I made it. I'll go back to my bed. Next time, inform me if you'll be coming. You gave me a heart attack."

'Darn! What happened to him? He looks famished. I'll talk to him by tomorrow.'

...

*titidit tididit tididit!*

The alarm clock woke me up. Okay, time for breakfast. I have a visitor here that needs my service. 'Shit, I looked like a material wife here.'

"You never told me why you bought this mansion. Then I found out Brazen's house is just close here. What are you planning to do huh?" Scion asked me after I finished cooking.