32. Still Waters

"Whoa! Bonny, where are you going?!" I heard Arron trying to catch up. I didn't stop from walking.

"I know where this is going, mister. In any day, you'll be gone anyway."

"What?! Why don't we hang out for a while like we're just friends. I'm not trying to hit a score on you if that's what is bothering you."

I halted for a while and brought myself back with shame. What am I thinking? Last time, I was dying to face him and right now, the table has turned. Why am I letting this chance slip away?

'Beat it, Brazen!'

"I'm hungry, Arron. I'm sorry for the attitude." I faced him and turned away again. At least don't act cheap in front of him.

"Okay, I'll treat you to lunch." Without a warning, he passed over me and grabbed my hands towards the hotel. I was speechless but managed to smile.

"So, what's your plan for today? What happened to your job? Is your manager letting you be gone for long?"

Arron took a deep breath and answered without glancing at me. "I told him to let me be. I'm so tired of all the dramas happening around me. They kept on pushing a rumor that I don't like."

"What's that all about?"

"You haven't heard of it?" He curiously glanced at me and I answered in an innocent way to prove that I have no idea about it. "That's great! I like you!"

"Why don't you tell me?" I stopped walking and pulled him to answer me. He halts too and moved closer in front of me.

"It is better for you not to know it or else you'll fall head over heels to me." He smirks and sets aside the stray hairs on my face.

"Yeah, I shouldn't gossip." I threw his hand that's touching my hair and walked ahead of him.

"Girls, girls, girls, they always love to gossip. I wonder what they get with it." I heard him from behind and walks to my level.

"Well, I have no clue. What's your next project, anyway?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Huh? Okay, sure!" I nod my head as we entered a restaurant. The air-conditioned room is too strong for me which made me pull him out towards a shaded table. "I hate severe cold temperature."

We ordered pasta, shakes, and appetizers and enjoy our meal. Arron is voracious like me so I comfortably eat with him.

"I wonder where your food went? Are you always like this?" He stares at my food before checking on me from head to toe. "You're too thin compared to what I expected that you can eat. Most women will starve themselves just to have a body like yours." He curiously smiles at me.

"Really? That's nice to hear. I never thought that way because I never put attention to my body. All I noticed was my food and nothing at all. Well, of course, I used to jog every morning to maintain my cardio exercise. I have to keep my heart healthy." I wiped my mouth before drinking my shake. "Gosh! I love this watermelon shake."

"That's nice to hear from you." He drinks his shake too before relaxing on his seat while watching the view of the beach. "I wish I can always live like this; a calm place with a beautiful lady in front of me." He smiles and glanced at me.

"Oh, I'm flattered. You can not fool me, Mr. Arron. I know you always have someone beside you. Don't deny it. Just agree with me." I looked away before sipping the last drop of my shake. Arron nods and looked at the beach again.

"Your beauty is different. Something I'd rather prefer to have rather than anyone I have seen." His voice starts to sound serious which made me turn my head towards him.