chapter 6

Kindly press that star at the button there.

Cindy visited Chris as he was getting ready to go to bed.

"Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!" She mimicked in a child's voice. "Can I come inn?" She asked as she stood at the entrance of his room. Looking at him and waiting for his response.

Chris still kinda off fear her for what she did to him the last time. Immediately she entered the room, he moved to the far corner of the room creating space between them.

" Do you know why I'm here?" Cindy asked the perplexed boy who was standing on a thin thread with any least mistake he would run away from the room like he is been chased by the policeman in subway.

"I came to apologize for my behavior the other time. I shouldn't have raised my hands on you." Cindy shed crocodile tears as she apologized to the boy.

Chris was still weary of her, but he hate to see people cry. He has a soft heart and can not hold grudges for long.

" I know I'm not your biological mum." Cindy continue cleaning her tears, " but I love you as my own son. Trust me I wasn't my self since the day I raised my hands on you. Can you forgive mummy?" Cindy has now dried her eyes and was looking at the 5 years old boy with anticipation.

"Mummy, I forgive you. My teacher said if someone wrongs you and he/she asks for forgiveness do forgive the person. So mummy I forgive you and I'm also sorry." Chris said tears welling up in his eyes.

" come here my baby." Cindy cooed the boy as he made his way to her opened arms.

"That my boy, well done. Thank you for forgiving mummy okay." Cindy said as she kissed him on his cheeks.

"You can ask me anything about your mother and I will tell you all I know okay." Cindy said as she attempted to stand up and leave the room.

" mummy wait, where is my real mum since you are not my mother." Cindy turned her face to the other side with a wicked grin on her face.

" come sit here." Cindy patted the space in front of her as she sit crossed like on the bed.

" James since you heard the conversation between Allison and I there is no need to explain anything." Amelia said to James.

Amy! Are you alright? " James asked her for the tenth time. She only managed to give him a small weak smile and nodded.

"Can we go on a vacation or something." Amelia asked James as she was seating on their bed.

Fidgeting with her finger's. James who was standing by the window approached her as he took her hands into his.

" I know you want to go on this vacation because of what happened. I know she lied to you and all of us don't you think she has a reason for that." James said, immediately those words left his mouth Amelia yanked her hands from his.

" So you are taking her side now, I know she is your aunty and you love her. You are thinking about her well been what about me, don't you think I'm also hurting. Haha how will you know since you are having both of your parents by your side." Amelia sarcastically said.

" Mummy and daddy's boy James doesn't know how it feels to grow up in a crowded orphanage." Amelia continued not caring what her words are doing to her partner.

She had her back to him so she couldn't see his reaction but when she turned and saw it she regretted uttering those words.

"James I'm sor---" James raised his hand to silence her as he angry stormed out of the room.

From the distance Amelia could hear the engine of a car coming to live, with that James is out of the house not telling her where he is going.

Don't for get to vote,comment and share.

If you love the book follow the author to let her know you are enjoying.