66 | believer

"I was broken from a young age
Taking my sulking to the masses
Write down my poems for the few
That looked at me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me
Singing from heartache from the pain
Taking my message from the veins
Speaking my lesson from the brain
Seeing the beauty through the,"

---

66 | believer

-Olivia-

'Let's give you a name,' I exclaimed, to my wolf.

Her ears perked up in attention and interest. 'Who? Me?'

'Nah, my 10 day old child.' I said, dryly, rolling my eyes.

She pouted at my bluntness and sank back on her fours.

'I'm your child," she mumbled, giving me puppy eyes. When you close your eyes and talk to your wolves, you can actually picture them in your brain. It's weird. They have the form of a wolf, but the intellect of a human and a voice different from yours.

'Whatever!' I chuckled. 'Urm, what about Athena?'

'Hmmm,' she thought about it. 'I like it. But it doesn't hit me like I'd want it to.'

I nodded. 'Valencia?'

She shook her head and I sighed.

I raked my head for new, creative names. 'So, Althea?'

I gave a pleading, expectant look but she still shook her head, annoying me. I glared at her but she just gave a toothy grin.

'Don't be so picky.' I mumbled. 'You are lucky that you are at least getting the freedom to pick your name. Do you have any idea, about how many of us are stuck with boring names because our parents aren't creative enough?'

'What can I say? I am entitled!' She bragged while wiggling her tail and I rolled my eyes again, trying to hide my amusement.

I thought for a while before a perfect name came to me and I knew it, just knew she'd love it.

'Oh my god, this is a good one.' I exclaimed and she looked at me impatiently.

'Aurora.' I said, my own senses loving the sound of the name.

She remained silent for a while, damping my hope a bit before she squealed in glee and excitement.

'Oh my Goddess! Oli! This is the perfect name!'

Her screechy voice made me wince a little, but I was so happy. I could finally call my wolf by some name and not just by 'my wolf'.

Aurora is a beautiful name. It refers to the polar lights, both northern and southern ones. The science behind them is as beautiful as they are. Colorful lights the spread in the sky, leaving you captivated. That's kind of how I felt when I first shifted and saw myself.

It was a perfect name. Unusual in the werewolf world, and oh so, gorgeous.

'Are you happy now?' I asked.