Chapter 4

"Emma, wake up." I feel my body shake along with Jax's voice besides me. "Come on, I told you I wasn't carrying you in."

"Please," I reach out for him. "I can't feel my feet."

Sighing, I feel his hand slip behind my waist before being placed in his arms.

"Close the door with your leg." He says. I pick my head up, pushing my leg towards the door to close it.

"Is your mom home?" I ask, wrapping my arms around him.

"No, she's with Amanda at her sisters." He says. "Okay, I'm putting you down I can't open the door."

Groaning, Jax puts me down as he takes out his keys and unlocks the door. He holds my waist guiding me inside. It was pitch black inside seeing as there was no one home. I reach over to turn on the lights only to trip over something, falling to the ground.

"Jesus, Emma." I hear Jax say. Turning on the lights, Jax comes besides me and helps me up. "Watch where you're going."

"I couldn't see anything." I say, rolling my eyes in the process. I reach down and take off my heels feeling relieved to not have them on anymore.

As I throw my heels to the side I see Jax head down the hall to his room. Following after him I watch as he goes through his closet in search for something. He takes out a black t-shirt and one of his sweatpants before turning around and walking towards me.

"Here," He says. "You can change while I get something to eat."

"You just ate." I take the clothes from him, laying them on the bed.

"And? I'm hungry again." He shrugs. He walks out of the room closing the door behind him.

Sighing, I tie my hair up as I looked at myself in the mirror. I scrunched my nose up in disgust as stared at my reflection. As if my swollen eyes weren't enough the bags under them had made my appearance much worse.

Turning around, I slip out of my dress. I grab the sweatpants and put them on, taking my bra off right after. Just as I reached over for the t-shirt I suddenly hear the door open. Screaming, I cross my arms over my chest trying my best to cover myself from Jax.

"Oh my God, sorry. I thought you were done changing." He says.

Looking back I see his eyes trailing down my back. "Stop looking!"

He smirks. "Looks like you grew out of your training bra."

"Jax!" I yell. "Get out!" Reaching over I grab a pillow from the bed forgetting I had no shirt on and turn around, throwing it at him.

"They're bigger than I imagined." He laughs.

"Holy crap, stop!" I turn back around. "Can you please get out?"

Without hesitation, Jax turns back around and shuts the door behind him. Sighing in relief, I put on the shirt quickly before Jax decides to come back in. I sit down on the bed feeling embarrassed before yelling out for Jax to come back in.

"Don't tell your brother about that." He says, coming in and walking back over to his closet. He unbuckles his belt and takes off his pants, putting on shorts and slipping off his shirt.

"Really? You just saw my boobs and that's the first thing you say?"

"Nice rack?" He turns to me with a smirk.

Ignoring what he said I move over on the bed making myself comfortable. I reach over and grab the blanket that was on the end of the bed and wrap it around myself.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Jax says. Looking over at him I noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt and I tried my best not to stare long enough that he would notice.

"Trying to sleep." I say, closing my eyes.

"Not on my bed you're not." He says.

"Go sleep on the couch." I turn around, facing the wall so I wouldn't be tempted to look at his naked chest.

Without another word I feel the bed dip besides me and I turn around quickly to see Jax getting into bed with me.

"What do you think you're doing?" I sit up.

"Sleeping in my bed." He takes the blanket from me.

"You never sleep here with me you always sleep on the couch." I say.

"I was being nice because of your brother. He isn't here now though, is he?" He responds.

"Whatever, just keep your hands to yourself." I take the blanket back.

As much as I pretended not to be enjoying myself right now I pushed back any feelings I felt for Jax as far as I could. I kept trying to remind myself that I had a boyfriend that loved me and how it wouldn't be fair to Hunter if I had feelings for Jax.

Aside from that, Jax doesn't feel the same way and I know that for a fact. Why would he risk his friendship of years with my brother to be with his younger sister. To him I would always be Hunter's annoying little sister who tagged along everywhere.

So, as I laid besides Jax I made a promise. I made a promise to Jax, Alex, Hunter and more importantly me. Jax would never know how I feel about him and I would never let anything happen between us. It didn't matter how much I liked him, I couldn't let my feelings for Jax ruin everything.