Chapter 7- Confusion

The cloud of confusion was swirling around in your head like a tornado trying to wreck your being apart. Your eyelids fluttered open as you weakly peered up at where Haku had just been.

Where was he?

You couldn't believe yourself. Even after what he had just done, you were back to worrying about him. You couldn't get your feelings under a leash and tie them to a fence somewhere far away... you were still trying to wrangle them all up and find out what exactly they all were.

With an ever growing headache you slowly raised from the ground just to see Mr. "punch and run" staring directly at you. He stood up the moment he saw you rise and moved for the window. His persona changing dramatically. "Take care of the bath house while I'm gone to search for Yubaba. The staff have been informed of the changes. Nothing should change if you just keep an eye on things. Got it?" He stood looking out at the sea as it rolled and the waves crashed against the island. His body was stoic and his fists clenched.

"Mind telling me what happened?" You mumble, rubbing your head with the growing pain over your eye. Great, migraine.

"Doesn't matter. Just don't mess up your responsibilities. Aburaya lies with you for now." he said and jumped out the window. You sat there dumbfounded as you watched the River Dragon fly high into the clouds. You scoffed and heaved yourself up to stand on two legs. I'll be responsible, just you see...

You walked down the stairs to stand above the baths. Things seemed to be rolling smoothly. You nodded in satisfaction and turned left to go attend to the kitchen. Your eyes widened and a small helpless yelp escaped between your lips as you stared at the sprit before you. It was the same spirit from earlier on. "Weird..." you whispered under your breath and regained your composure. You stepped to the side of the spirit and moved to walk past but it seemed to glitch in front of you. It slowly shook its head no and whispered something into your ear, you shivered as the word sent electric shocks down your spine...

Promise.

A/N

"I need you now but I don't know you yet"
- IDK you yet, Alexander 23

-AA

(edited)