Distraction

"It's not my fault!" I half shouted, coughing through billows of white exhaust. When it cleared, Issac's face was red and the anger he had seemed to be directed straight for me.

"Well technically it is! You ruined my shirt," He whined, glaring at me. There was now a huge piece of his shirt missing now that it's been scorched off. Tossing him the fire extinguisher I sighed and sat down, my energy depleting quickly.

"In my defense, I just started practicing yesterday! I have a ceremony later you know," I grumbled, beginning my long walk back to the pack house. My persistent brother begrudgingly followed as we both stayed silent, frustrated over our previous experience.

As we were walking an idea popped into my head and I struggled not to laugh. Using the techniques Isaac has taught me, I flicked my wrist behind me and heard a loud 'oomf' following. Turning around, I saw my brother struggling and slipping against the ice I placed beneath his face.

I laughed loudly and began sprinting towards the house, "Charlie!" He shouted, chasing after me. As the trees began to clear, I got a glimpse of freedom before I was surrounded by a ring of fire. Yelling irritably in frustration, I held out my palms to diffuse the hot flames that entrapped me.

Flabbergasted, my brother yelled, "So you can do it! You fake!" I laughed once again and ran the rest of the way back, and just as I sprinted through the doors, I stuck my hands out once again to shut them with a harsh gust of wind.

"What are you doing?" A deep voice resounded, making me jump instantaneously. I turned around wide eyed only to be faced with my bewildered looking mate.

"N-Nothing." I said, quickly beginning to dash up the stairs. Before I could get far, I felt his muscular arms encircle around my waist in order to pull me back. Groaning silently, I cringed to myself, trying to think up an explanation.

Or better yet, a distraction.

I spun around to face Kayden and cupped the sides of his face with my hands, pressing a soft and sweet kiss to his lips. Abruptly, I pulled away and grinned up at him. "Gotta go get ready, see you later!" I said nervously before heading up the stairs once again, this time, he didn't chase me.

****

"Ouch!" I yelped, swatting Alice's wrist as she attempted to detangle my hair. I glared at her through the mirror and Rose was laid back on the chair beside me, slyly smiling at our interaction.

"Sit still, now, should I put it up or down?" Alice asked, playing with the middle sections of my hair. I shrugged indifferently, not minding either option.

Before I could reply, Rose piped in, "Up. It'll make the events that come afterward much more enjoyable." She said bluntly, making me sputter with laughter as Alice began to gag in response. My cheeks would've been a bright red if it weren't for the light layer of makeup covering it.

"I agree, I don't like it when my sweat makes my hair stick to my neck." I teased her even more, Isaac's wife and I having fun with this conversation.

"I hate you both," She grumbled, visibly grimacing at the thought of her brother and I doing the dirty.

Approximately an hour and half later, and twenty three uncomfortable yanks and tugs, I was ready.

Rose helped Alice pull my hair into an elegant low bun, the protruding ends curled and framing my face nicely. I felt like I was getting married, the white dress we picked out months ago cascading around me in soft waves. My mark was on full display and I brushed my fingers along it, making me involuntarily smile.

"You know what they say, a Luna's ceremony is half a wedding for an Alpha; you look gorgeous." Alice said, resting her hand on my exposed shoulder.

Quickly, my eyes began to water. "I just wish my parents could be here to see this." I said softly, trying so hard to withhold my tears.

"Oh no," Alice repeated frantically. "Don't cry, you're going to ruin your perfect makeup. Please don't cry." She said worriedly, making me chuckle and sniffle through my slightly blurred eyes.

"Come on," Rose said with a smile, "There's an excited Alpha just itching to see his supermodel mate." She said, making me smile.

They led me out of the room, where I tried my best to not get us lost. We were in the Pack Palace, a place I had only been once, where the dungeons were. I grimaced at the thought and followed the girls to the ball room where the ceremony would be held. The white and gold decorated door was currently shut, but in a moment would be opened for the eyes of almost every pack to peer through.

Taking a deep breath, I looked to Alice for assurance just as the doors began to part ways, revealing myself to Alphas and werewolves from around the world.

My eyes widened momentarily in pure shock from the scene in front of me, but when my eyes locked with my favorite pair of stunning blue eyes...

I knew I had finally found my place.