»Preface«

//Karlisle's Outfit^//

Karlisle Holmes was peculiar, in a pleasant way. She was far more pleasant than her Uncle Sherlock, having a sociable personality and the ability to engage in conversation without offending the participants. She practiced talent for intelligent observation, much like Sherlock.

She carried a leather backpack with dark green zips, full of books, endless gadgets, journals, case files and emergency supplies.

Karlisle Holmes upheld a reputation of being prepared for anything.

Although insistent on traveling with her Uncle on his cases, Sherlock would not allow her, for her protection. His best interest was to keep her safe.

She was a talented violinist, often playing to pass the time and allow her thoughts to consume her, and was seen tinkering with old phones and reading, sometimes books, sometimes the disorganized case notes Sherlock left laying around. Sherlock, in an attempt to provide her with a reason to stay home, allowed her to have a dog, a Boxer by the name of 'Gypsy.' She was never bored, although she missed her Uncle, and always appreciated that when Sherlock was 'too busy' to pay attention to her, Doctor Watson always made her feel better by joking with her or giving her something interesting to do.

Casey Watson was a calm, patient, intelligent young lady. She owned a Doberman known as 'Loki,' and was never without building some description of gadget, her favorite being her umbrella, in which could be used as a grappling hook and bulletproof shield, as well as a walking stick for when her Uncle may need one. Her watch was built to transfer information directly to her earpiece, which was particularly useless due to her never being allowed to accompany on cases either.

She cared for her Uncle very much, especially when he would often come to read in her room while she sat at her desk, fiddling with her gadgets for improvements. They both enjoyed each others company like Father and Daughter, and although she also wanted to come with him to his cases, he wanted to protect her too.

It was not as if Karlisle and Casey disliked each other. Having lived together a few months with their Uncle's, they spoke polite conversation often, joking around when they were with each other, which was rare since they both loved to spend time in their rooms, aside from their daily dog walking together.

Mrs. Hudson enjoyed speaking with Karlisle regularly about her interests and baking with Casey, enjoying the company of the two young ladies while their Uncle's were away.

This was the day to day life of the girls, who had accustomed so well they functioned like a family with one another, and would protect each other with their lives when it came down to it.