»Additions«

"Jeez, this building is old" Karlisle chuckled as the two ladies made their way towards it.

"Have you seen our flat? I don't think they can afford to renovate a massive building" Casey laughed, typing on her watch again. The door's lock made a small electronic beeping sound before unlatching.

"That watch isn't legal, is it?"

"Not in the slightest" she chuckled, walking inside, the tip of her umbrella hitting the floor the only sound it seemed.

As it progressively grew darker, the building was virtually pitch black as they carefully navigated our way through the eerie presence of nothing but silence.

"Hey, check this out" Karlisle called, spotting a small cage in a room off to the side. Two rats, one black and one brown, ran frantically around the cage at the sudden intrusion of the cage door opening.

Casey impulsively reached her hand inside, causing the black rat to latch onto her shirt and run up her arm, frantically nuzzling just beside her neck, holding on for dear life.

"I guess you have a new pet?" Karlisle laughed quietly. She laughed softly and scanned around the room.

"He's cute, I'm sure we can find a spot for him. How about you grab the other one?"

"I don't want to steal a rat-"

"It's malnourished Holmes, the poor thing's been forgotten" She whispered, taking it out of the cage and handing it to her. It squeaked softly. "Call it Mycroft" She teased jokingly.

"Heyy" Karlisle laughed in reply, placing the little rat in her top pocket, who strangely sat there very happily. Casey found a small pouch, presumably a former handbag, trying to move the rat. The rat was fastened to her shoulder, forcing her to leave him there. She strapped him down with a bit of rope and two safety pins from Karlisle's backpack, praying he wouldn't fall. He was holding on too tightly.

It was an odd sight seeing Watson carefully navigate through a building with a rat on her shoulder, causing Holmes to snicker softly to herself. 

"Holmes" She hushed as she heard voices, turning a corner.

"The woman on the phone, the crying woman" the distinct voice of John echoed metres away from an open door. Watson looked back at Holmes and nodded.

"Oh, doesn't matter, she's just a hostage. No lead there." They both rolled their eyes.

"For God's sake, I wasn't thinking about leads-"

"You're not going to be much use to her."

"That was harsh" Watson whispered, watching as her Uncle turned away.

"Sherlock is a bit like that...it's how he shows affection I think-" Watson pulled Holmes behind a wall with her as Molly and a stranger walked into the vicinity and entered the room. She stared the man down quietly.

"Cheers" Karlisle whispered, breaking the silence. The rat was nipping at her hair. "Oi" She laughed. "Watson control your rat."

"He's playing Holmes, he's not hurting anyone."

"Salty."

"I'm not being salty ya hoe" She laughed jokingly, causing them both to giggle. The man left the room, followed moments by a very upset Molly Hooper. "Your Uncle is the salty one."

"Be nice."

"He's upset another person."

"He doesn't recognise emotions very well."

"I know but-"

"Drop it please" Karlisle frowned softly. As the darkness crept in, the two ladies decided to head home, discussing what they had heard on the way.

"Carl powers" Watson frowned softly.

"Who is that?"

"It was beyond our time...a boy who drowned" She recited from her earpiece the details of the case.

"What's so suspicious about that?"

"I don't know, but Sherlock thinks it is." They arrived home and made their way upstairs, both retreating to Casey's room.

"I feel like we can't drop following this case now, we're in it after hearing the information" Karlisle whispered.

"I agree" Casey nodded, scratching her new rat friend on his head.

"You need a name for that, if it's going to stay with us."

"How about Jax?"

"That's a cute idea" Karlisle agreed.

"Well picked then" She laughed. "And what about your little rat friend?"

"Bucky" She whispered, stroking it's head.

"Now that's in order, shall we?" She gestured to the police sirens outside the flat.