»Busted«

"For the last time, how did you sneak into the building!!" The police officer snarled.

"Sir, for the last time. It's not sneaking in if the door is open."

"If we had snuck in, we wouldn't be having this conversation, because," Karlisle began.

"You wouldn't have found us" Casey added, a soft smirk beginning to form.

"Exactly."

"Oh now you're being cheeky, you little sh!t?"

"Jackson, don't you dare" Lestrade snapped, barging in. "This is why your single" he hissed under his breath, "That is no way to talk to ladies."

"They broke in to private property!"

"They were following their Uncle's you git" He held out both his hands to held us up. "And that's not your division" He escorted them out.

Casey swung to the desk on the way out, grasping the cardboard box their rats had been cruelly placed in.

"Now, that is the last time I will get you out of trouble here, what are you doing here?" Lestrade whispered to Casey.

"It's Holmes and Watson, just remember who we are related to" Karlisle spoke.

"That is beside the point. Ladies...you shouldn't follow these two...you're going to get hurt."

"Sir, it's alright, we can handle it-" Casey stammered.

"Greg or Lestrade is fine, first off, and secondly, I And your Uncle's don't want to see you get hurt. Now" He murmured, leading them into the office.

"What are you doing here" Sherlock murmured unhappily.

"They broke in" Lestrade grinned cheekily, almost proudly.

"We walked in" Karlisle retaliated, laughing softly and sitting down.

"Why are you here" Uncle John turned to Casey, his face solemn. She simply turned her head away, but he turned it back. "Casey Watson."

"What."

"Don't talk to me like that missy" He grumbled. Casey rolled her eyes. "Excuse me, did you contract a bad case of attitude on the way in here??"

"How about we get you some water" Lestrade interrupted, noticing Casey was beginning to tense. She nodded and hastily left the room. The three men all spoke, with Karlisle texting Casey on her phone.

Holmes🕵️‍♀️ : It's a bomb case. Someone is strapping people with explosives

Watson🌂: And that is linked to Carl Powers how?

Holmes🕵️‍♀️: His shoes are a clue

Watson🌂: So the killer is intelligent

Holmes🕵️‍♀️: Very

Watson🌂: Interesting stuff, what's the play?

Holmes🕵️‍♀️: Try track them down before they strike again

Casey received mildly suspicious looks from officers as she texted, but continued about her business before returning to the office. Suddenly, officers rushed out towards their cars, speeding away, and instantly they was intrigued.

"Ladies, follow me please" Lestrade interrupted their intense interest. Casey grabbed her umbrella and limped behind very slowly while Karlisle led the way, Bucky and Jax in hand.

"It seems your Uncle's may be here a while, so you can rest here." He opened the door to what seemed to be a witness waiting area, with three beds, a couch, books, a water machine, a small fridge and some toys in the corner. "You'll be safe in here...I'll see you later."

"Thank you, Sir" Casey nodded.

"Yes, thank you" Karlisle added. He smiled softly, nodded and closed the door. Casey chose the bed beside the wall, Karlisle chose the one a few metres beside it.

"Our first case" Casey suddenly murmured, placing Jax carefully on her chest, stroking his soft fur as he curled up.

"It hasn't been very successful" Karlisle sighed, patting Bucky, who had patiently been residing in the box, pining for her attention.

"First cases never are" Casey yawned, feeding Jax a slice of apple she found in the fridge, residing in a small see through container. "Lestrade is awesome" She yawned. They were both very exhausted, having been in the station a long while.

"At the moment, nicer than our Uncle's" Karlisle muttered, laying down.

"Yeah. At least he is looking out for us."

"Yeah. Nice guy that one" She rolled over to face in her direction. "Thank you for being here, Watson."

"I mean it was always going to end up this way, wasn't it?"

"What was?"

"Holmes and Watson always become best friends."