Chapter 56

Alaiza

Alaiza

The entire car ride to work is dead silence and I'm currently questioning myself, Did I did anything wrong? Why is he acting like this? He seems stressed. Is he mad at me or something?

"Uh...Nathan ?", I call out his name and his head immediately snapped to my direction but it quickly went back to the road.

"Yeah ?", He asks me and I take a deep breath.

"Are you mad at me or something? Why aren't you're talking ?", I ask him and he immediately laughs.

"Mad at you? I got literally no reason to be mad at you. I'm just stressed out because of works and I got a rather unpleasant text this morning which totally ruined my mood. Sorry, babe", He tells me and I nod.

"Tell me if you want me to do anything that can make you feel better", I touch his arm and he smiles at me.

"What a supportive girlfriend you are", He teased and I smirk.

"I'm actually very supportive to everyone, not just you", I tell him and he growls. I just roll my eye and look at the window. Nathan has been taking the same route to work every day so I pretty much remember every single place on the road.

Now we're driving in front of the bakery whose named is 'Bakery romance' and in the next 15 minutes, we'll be in front of a big restaurant whose name is 'Claire's' and then we'll see a big lake right up ahead. Then we'll cross a bridge and then we turn right and now we're in front of the company. Nathan usually parks his car in the basement because he said that if he parked outside, it'll be very hot and it can have ...effects or something on the car.

"Can you stay still for one moment and let open the door for you for once?", Nathan asks me and I smile.

"Uhm...Okay, but just this once", I tell him and he grins before opening his door and runs over to my side and open the door for me. He offers his hand and I accept it with a smile.

"Do you want to walk in together with our hand locks or not? Maybe if we do that, everyone in the company will know that we're in a relationship", Nathan asks me and I quickly shake my head.

"No need for that, I'm good", I tell him. The last thing I wanted right now is people gossips about me seducing the CEO of the company just because he's wealthy. And maybe they probably even tell the news reporters and I can't even imagine news reporters following us around everywhere.

We get into the basement elevator and there were no people so only us two were in the elevator.

"You know what this means right ?", Nathan teasingly-asks me.

"What ?", I ask him.

"You know...a boy and a girl who happened to be a couple, get into an elevator an there is no one else, what should we do ?", He asks me.