Chapter 13

Chapter 13 – “Who are you?”

Amy twirled a finger around a strand of her hair, resisting the urge to bang her head against her desk. Despite studying with Sierra the previous night, she still could not understand what her teacher was saying.

Discreetly glancing at the other students, she realised that even they seemed to face the same problem as her. Biting her lip, she wondered whether she should take Sierra's advice and report to the management that her class was having a hard time understanding the teacher.

Shaking her head, she shrugged the idea off. Perhaps, she could give him a few more days. There was no need to be hasty, especially if what she did could get the teacher into trouble.

Huffing, she slung her bag over her shoulders, walking out of the room. Amy desperately needed to clear her head. The nightmares, the confusion in class, she did not want to continue dealing with it.

Although she usually slept off all of this, for some reason, she felt a surge of energy coursing through her veins and decided to go for a run.

After all, Sierra continuously urged her to exercise and stay healthy instead of devouring every single bar of chocolate in the fridge whenever she got stressed. For once, she decided to take her sister's advice.

Rushing home, so as to not tame the wild energy running within her, Amy changed into the workout clothes that she had always shoved to the back of her cupboard, grimacing as she took them out.

Sighing, she pouted as she looked at herself in the mirror. Did she really want to exercise? Run and feel the fresh air on her face? The idea did sound tempting but relaxing in front of the television and binge-watching her favourite shows sounded even more exciting.

Grinning, she went to change back into her comfy pajamas when Sierra voice, as usual, nagged in her head, Stop being lazy and get out of the house!

With a heavy sigh, Amy locked the door behind her and took off in a jog. Adjusting her headphones and holding a water bottle in one hand, she jogged to the park, aiming to complete at least three rounds of the entire humongous park before she went back home.

That would definitely make Sierra stop annoying her about exercising for the next two weeks.

When she reached the park, Amy stretched her muscles, doing some exercises to loosen her tense muscles so that they would be prepared to take on the burdensome task of doing running.

Sighing, she slowly jogged around the park, picking up her speed in the second round. By the time she was circling the park the third time, she was completely covered with sweat and tired beyond belief.

Amy blanched at the thought of her becoming healthy and making running part of her daily routine. There was no way she was going to subject herself to this torture again.

Frowning when she could not find her towel to wipe off the sweat on her face, Amy let out a frustrated groan, cursing herself for being so stupid as to forget her towel. Taking a swing frim her water bottle, Amy savoured the cool, refreshing liquid that trickled down her throat.

Looking at the setting sun, she decided she had enough of exercising and started making her way out of the park when she felt a tap on her shoulder, electricity running up her spine in as a result.

Amy smiled. She didn’t know Sierra had come after her in the park. Turning around, she was about to say something about not being a stalker to Sierra when she realised that the person in front of her was someone she had no idea of.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she took a look at the man, his green eyes staring at her in shock. Amy felt like clutching her head as she stared at those strange but seemingly familiar eyes, an ache shooting through the back of her head.

“Yes?” Amy asked, straining the word out.

“Amy? Oh moon goddess! I… I can’t believe I found you. I am so sorry, for everything that happened. I promise I even came after you but… I met too many obstacles on the way. But, I promise nothing like that will happen again. Amy, I can’t believe you are in front of me. I missed you so much,” the man replied, his voice thick with emotions as he stared at her in wonder.

“You know me?” she asked incredulously.

The man raised an eyebrow. “Of course, I do, Amy. Please don’t act like that Amy. I know what I did what despicable but please tell me you completely removed me from your life. Do you not remember me? Even the slightest?”

Amy shook her head, resisting the urge to take a step away from him. “No, I don’t. Who are you?”

He gasped, before gulping as though he wanted to hide his tears. “I’m Sam, your mate. How… how did you forget me so easily?”

“Mate? You mean, friend? And, I’m sorry. I lost some of my memory in a car accident. So, don’t take it too personally. It's not just you who I forgot,” Amy said, giving the broken man a reassuring smile.

“It was great meeting you but I need to go back though. Goodbye,” she continued, smiling at him before turning away. It was great meeting you even though I didn’t understand half of the words you were saying, she thought to herself, scoffing internally.

Shaking her head as she decided not to think how similar the man's voice was to the voice in her nightmares, Amy trudged back home, wondering whether she should inform Sierra about this strange encounter.

Deciding to not keep any secrets from her, Amy got lost in her thoughts, not even once turning back to see the man staring at her with tears in his eyes, watching her walk away from him once more.

Neither did she know that he made a promise in that very moment that he will never let Amy walk away from him again and he was going to fight tooth-and-nail to win his mate's heart back.

Hey...

How are you all??

I know I haven't been updating daily anymore but life has caught up with me (ughh...) so two to three updates a week is the most I can do. Sorry :'(

Anyways, how was this chapter? I hope you liked it! They finally met again, yay!! To be honest, this was one the first scenes I thought of when I wrote this series, along with the one when Amy is kicked out of the pack (Ouch! That sounds so harsh)

And, please vote, comment and share this book if you liked it!!

Thanks for reading and supporting this book! =)