㈠ | Wings

ITALICS= Past memories
NORMAL=Present
♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪

You'll find World n°1 or World n°2 to designate the world where the actions happen in the start of each chapter. The characters could switch worlds and it won't be mentioned so pay close attention.
-

World n°2

Jimin never thought he'd ever be addressed like anything other than a god. Taehyung was the king, he technically owned the world, and Jimin was his childhood friend, a young noble well acquainted with the royal family, who grew up playing with the crown prince, studying with him in the castle, eventually becoming the royal advisor before Taehyung even took the crown.

Jimin's smartness and wiseness were well recognised in the castle since his young age, that sometimes the prince felt jealous of all the praise he was getting from their mentors.

Yet, everyone knew very well that the prince had a soft spot for Jimin, for whoever dared to make him upset was faced with harsh consequences.

What everyone didn't know was that Taehyung was only acting when showing interest in girls, that his first kiss was a boy, that he lost his virginity to a boy, that he only got attracted to boys, more accurately to a single boy that was none other than Jimin. Everyone didn't know that and it was the only fact Jimin had for relief .

Jimin never thought he'll ever be addressed as anything other than a god, and yet, it happened. The outrageous news was that it'll always keep happening. Jimin didn't knew what was true anymore, didn't understand how in hell he woke up one day being addressed as some kitchen servant, one step away from sleeping with the pigs, that's how lowly he was ranked, or should he say that's how he thought of castle servants until he woke up as one of them.

It just so suddenly happened. He went to sleep in his lavish bed dressed in some fancy black sleeping robe, the king's face snuggled in his chest, his slow breaths hot on his skin as every other night. But as soon as he closed his eyes, he woke up wearing some smelly rags he wouldn't even call clothes, and the king himself sitting next to him, on the fucking hard ground wearing just as thin poor excuse of clothes.

Jimin felt sick to his stomach, his majesty and him dressed as some poor commoners. It was unacceptable, but he knew Taehyung very well, he knew how he sometimes wished he was just a normal person. Jimin would hold his hand warmly and tell him about how he'll always be by his side, how he'd be a very good king everyone would speak of for centuries, how he'll make history with his own hands. Jimin would kiss him and tell him how much he loved him too, would stroke his hair gently and hum softly to him until he fell asleep in his arms. Yet, being normal people and being the lowest ranked commoners in the castle were greatly different.

"Your majesty?" Jimin demanded, eyes barely slits as he stared onto his lover's deep brown eyes, confusion apparent in every part of his pretty figure. "How come you're wearing these rags? What would everyone say when they see you?"

"Majesty?" Taehyung repeated before falling into a hysterical laugher. His sweet yet deep voice propagating through the thin walls of the main kitchen of the castle. It was pretty obvious he took Jimin's words as a joke, and Jimin couldn't help but taking offence.

"Why the fuck are you laughing?" Jimin asked with great annoyance, before he realized that he just cursed in front of the king. He could be killed for his insolence if he wasn't actually very close to him, and he made an immediate attempt of fixing his mistake. "I apologize for my words your grace, but as the official advisor of the royal family, I think what you're doing is very irrational."

Taehyung stared at him with a pointed look, it was so sharp Jimin was sure he got angry, but he couldn't be sure that he read his expression right. It seemed as wrath, but it was just Taehyung realizing the older wasn't kidding, whether that or Jimin was pranking him unbelievably well. Taehyung thought his acting was very good he would pretty much believe it if he didn't know better.

"Jimin, wouldn't you for fuck's sake stop joking? Don't forget the party is tomorrow and we have endless dishes to make!" Taehyung said with all the seriousness he had ever seen on him, yet he managed on the same time to look very excited, a rather weird combination only Taehyung would pull off. "Or else, we'll fall in trouble."

"Fall in trouble? Don't you know who we are?" Jimin meant his question literally, but Taehyung thought it was rhetorical, his hyped expression dropped as he stared at the ground with a cute pout. Jimin wanted to just cup his cheeks and kiss him to oblivion, but he knew it wasn't appropriate in public.

"Just castle servants, I know. What you always tell me when the king asks for you. Did he?" Taehyung said and he seemed very sorrowful Jimin wished he could do anything to left his mood, before realizing he had mentioned the king. Wasn't the king Taehyung himself? It was really very confusing.

"The king?" Jimin repeated rather dumbly.

"Jeon Jungkook, the one I hate with all my being."

It was then he knew it was only him who remembered, and that regardless of how it happened, he was just a nameless castle servant right then, his sole purpose in life serving the royal family and nobles of the castle. He would actually hang himself if Taehyung wasn't there.

He shouldn't die when he had Taehyung to care for, especially that he knew the younger was very clumsy and curious just like a little kid. He was scared that the latter may fall in some trouble and he knew he would so easily.

The servants could get their hands cut off if they just stole a spoon from the royal cutlery, or were found out of place at night. They could get a whipping for smaller offences, and he couldn't imagine anyone hurting Taehyung, he would die before letting it happen. He just seemed to feel how very strict and cruel the laws were when being in the receiving end of them.

What was even more confusing was that when he went to sleep in the dirty, very cold hay-covered stone ground that night, he woke up again as the royal advisor, with Taehyung in his arms, still king and safe that he wished to believe it was all just a dream, or an illusion of his horrid imagination.

Taehyung didn't remember at all, almost made fun of him for dreaming of them as castle servants, hating him for being precious and childishly serious even when dreams were concerned.

Jimin wished he didn't let Taehyung distract him with his cute attitude, his little fights and the way he held his arms and kissed his nose adorably. It felt so real too, just as the dream.

Yet, he knew it wasn't just a workcraft of his imagination the next night, when again, he was woken up by the castle servant Taehyung, who looked just as adorable all covered in white floor, some of it on his cheeks just like freckles, and smelling like baked chesnut cake.

It was then that he figured out, regardless of whichever was the dream, they both were just as real, or at least affected him just the same. Something he knew would come to bite him in the ass real soon too.

31.01.19