Chapter 30

There was a slight breeze as someone tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.
I relished in the feeling of their fingers brushing against my skin and snuggled closer to them in my half-asleep state. Trying to get some more warmth I wrapped an arm around them and felt them pull me closer. A smile made its way onto my face and I don't know how long I stayed in their embrace as I lost track of time.

Some time later, the room had brightened up and made it difficult to keep sleeping. My eyes fluttered open and as soon as they focused on what was in front of me I hid my face under the pillow to hide the blush rising on my cheeks.

"How long have you been staring at me." My muffled voice cried out from underneath the pillow.

"About an hour...Or two." His voice didn't hide the fact that he was grinning.

I groaned. "You should have woken me up. Aren't you tired?"

"I was. And then I looked at you and was completely energized."

I looked up at him from underneath the pillow.

"That was really cheesy..." I said even though I couldn't help the aww that I internally spoke.

"I heard that."

"Heard what?" I blinked at him and then realised.

"You found it sweet, not cheesy." He brought himself closer.

"I never said that." I looked away from him.

"No, but you said 'aww."' He grinned.

"Correction. I thought that. But never said it." I propped myself up and rested my head on my hand whilst smiling.

"Doesn't matter to me. I heard it." He teased.

"Whatever." I released an annoyed (though not truly) puff of air and tried to hide the stupid grin on my face.

"As much as I would love to stay here forever, you have an hour to get ready you know." Max announced, his eyes never once leaving mine.

I groaned again. All I wanted to do was sleep: not go back to school to find out my results from the exams we took before the holidays. Especially if I had failed any of them. My eyes trailed over the person in front of me and I couldn't help the overwhelming feeling of comfort that I felt knowing they were mine. This wasn't a dream - the guy I had met a couple months ago was now looking at me with an indescribable look of adoration. This was the first day of school with him as my boyfriend and I honestly wondered what I did to deserve him. I could never describe all the emotions I felt at that moment but I settled with:

I'm happy. I'm really happy.

~~~~~

After getting dressed I walked out into the hallway to find Max waiting there for me. He was leaning against the door casually with his hands in his pockets and his hair was styled making him look irresistible.

I gave him a shy smile, nervous about meeting everyone for breakfast.

Taking my hand in his, he gave me a reassuring smile back and led me downstairs.

Whilst I was nervously expecting to see a bunch of people eating breakfast, I raised an eyebrow when I found that the only people there were Ace and Isaac.

"Where's everyone else?" I questioned, puzzled as to why there was no one here.

Their heads turned in our direction as soon as I said something.

"Woah where did you appear from? And everyone else has left to school, they get the bus but we can give you a ride." Ace stared at me with an indecipherable expression.