3. sleepover

June 4th, 1986. Curt and my house. 8:49 P.M.

Roland walked me up to the front door, it was only across the lawn, but he insisted on it.  As I approached the front steps, I notice he was lingering for some reason, nervously he waits besides me while I unlock the door.

I turn to him suspiciously, "Ro?" I say, his eyes raise from the door handle to my face blankly, "You know you can stay here whenever you want." I assured him, he often stayed after going to the gym sometimes anyway. 

A weight seemed to lift off his shoulders and the tension was gone, "I think I will take up that offer. Kate and I had a huge fight before I left." He shrugs, stepping inside the house.

A twist in my heart. God, I hate that girl. He deserves better, is all that flew through my brain at that moment. I don't ask what happened, he wasn't the type to talk about stuff like that with anyone, so I just left it.

Curt rushed out from the kitchen, ravished and starving, "I haven't eaten all day!" he exclaims, digging into the french fries, I roll my eyes back, collapsing onto the couch next to him, "Well maybe if you ate your breakfast." I nudge his rib with my elbow, "Or learnt how to fend for yourself."

He mocks a sarcastic laugh, while the three of us sat down in front of the television. We ate our food and relaxed to a movie that was playing on tv. I couldn't remember the name, but it was pretty good. 

I lay my head on his shoulder, snuggling into the warmth that his body holds, and he throws an arm over me. I could lay like this in his hold forever, defenceless over the love I have for him. 

Roland gets up, "I better be getting some sleep."  he says before leaving for the guest room. Curt leans over his shoulder watching his best friend walk away, he waves to him, "Night buddy."

We stayed downstairs for another ten minutes or so before deciding we should probably go to sleep as well. Curt holds a hand out and helps me off the couch, Roland's fight couldn't escape my mind, "He said he had a fight with Kate..." I began to trail off, "...I wonder if he's okay."

Curt places a hand on my back with a shake, "He's probably just tired, I'm sure he's fine."