21

Kiana

My heels click against the marble floor as I carelessly throw the tailored bag onto the couch before walking to my office.

I grab the phone on the desk as I walk back to the living room. Don't blame, I like multitasking.

I dial the only number on the phone as I press a small button underneath the table.

"Pass me to the to the director." I say once the phone is answered.

"Sure, Kiana, just hold for a second." Gray says before I hear Brian's special ringtone.

I watch as the dining table descends into the ground, the flat screen TV descending as well and a different wall of different sizes of monitors takes front. A steel table full of multiple keyboards replaces the dining table.

Still waiting on the line I set up the computers, having full view of Rodger's whole penthouse, his company and his house.

Not a second later, "Brian speaking." He answers.

"Brian, its Kiana," I say.

"Kiana?" I could hear him sigh from relief.

"It's me Brian, who else would it be," I ask, rolling my eyes at his drama.

"After so long of not hearing from you, I thought something might have happened to you." Back to the normal Brain again.

"Oh, come on, Brian, nothing could happen to me. I'm good at this. Remember?" I smirk.

He sighs, "I guess that's the reason why I choose you for this job." He says. Though I don't see him, I know he is pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Haven't you been getting the voice recording tapes and the camera footage on Rodger?" I ask, still keeping my eyes on the monitors for anything unusual.

"Yes, we have. We have enough evidence from the tapes and the camera footage." He says.

"Yep, I've been watching him very closely as well," I watch Rodger enter his office grabbing his desk phone.

"And that's the reason you should hurry up and quickly kill this man." He says urgently. "There's already been an explosion in one of the neighboring countries, killing 18 000 people attending a church conference." Damnit! How did I miss that!

"According to the voice recorders we've been getting he seems to be responsible for it." He says. "He wants something from a certain government official so he is trying to prove a point that he can get whatever it is that he wants."

"I understand." I state. " Tomorrow night he is hosting a gala and I've been invited as his date." I say.

"Good. Then you know what to do right?"

"Yes, sir. Tomorrow night is the night I kill Rodger Sax." I reply the same thing but with a different name. "You do have enough information on him right?" I ask him.

"We do, but even if we didn't you are still paid to kill him."

"That's true," I smirk. "And the most enjoyable part of the job."

"So tomorrow night the job needs to end." He says, finality in his voice.

"Yes, sir."

"Good."

I look back at the computer screen and Rodger was still on the phone.

Reading his lips, he was mentioning the name, Marko.

"Uhm, Brian?" I call out before he could hang up.

"Yes, Kiana." A question in his tone.

"Is there any Marko in Rodger's file?" I ask as I pace the room.

"No, not that I know of, and there is no relation named Marko close to Rodger."

"This morning he mentioned the name Marko. Now I know it probably means nothing but when it's your password to all your fortunes then it must mean something. Name passwords are sentimental things. I asked him about but dismissed it about being no one."

"Okay, I'll get to it, I'll have Gray look into it, but tomorrow night, after the gala you kill him." He states.

"Yes, sir," I reply before hanging up.

Looking back at the screens one more time, I watch him pace around his office.

"Looks like tomorrow is finally the day you take your last breath," I say to myself.

Smiling like a manic I move everything back in its position. Before I could walk any further the doorbell goes off. I squint my eyes, wondering who it could be and how they got through the guards.

With a hand on my gun on my back I open the door, "Maria?" I ask surprised. ""What are you doing here and how did you get through the guards?" I remove my hand from my back pulling her in the house.

"Hey, bestfriend, you don't sound happy to see me." I walk her to into the living room.

"No, I am. I just wish you would have called first." I say. "Wait, how did you even know I was here?" I question her, my hand back on my gun. Before she could respond my phone pings.

Dad:

Expect Maria.

I roll my eyes at this, wishing he had told me over the phone. I walk back to the living room, Maria still in the same place as I left her.

"How about you help me get ready for a gala?" Maria squeals, clapping her hands in delight as she grabs my hand.

---------------------

Hey lovies❤❤

I'm so tired but I pushed through this one just for you guys🤗.

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

❤❤❤