Queen

It's been a year since I started dating Anissa, and I have to say? It's been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I enjoy her company and she absolutely adores me, which I love. We've fought, sure, but at the end of the day we kiss and make up because that is what you do when you love someone. Aria and Kace have been together for almost 10 months, and I couldn't be happier for Aria. They just got back from backpacking through Europe, and I swear they sent us daily update pictures of their trip. Leslie and Emmie finally started dating a few months ago, and they're so damn cute! I am absolutely so happy that Emmie finally let Leslie in and now they are happily living with each other. Donte asked Simone to marry him, to which she said 'yes!', and now we are waiting for the date of their wedding. I also ended up moving out and into Anissa's apartment to give Donte and Simone their space. Adrianne even found a new beau, Nathan, he's okay but I'm still unsure of him sometimes. Sometimes Adrianne won't text us for days on end or cancel out on plans to be with him. I understand that she has a man now, but fuck it sucks how much I miss her sometimes.

"Babe?" Anissa rolls over on the bed, kissing my forehead, "When did you wake up?"

"Maybe 10 minutes ago?" I shrug, kissing her on the lips, "I've just been thinking"

"About what, baby?" Anissa nuzzles her head on my shoulder

"I've just been reviewing the past year" I smile, "Being with you and how my life has changed for the better"

Anissa smiles, rubbing her eyes and trying to stifle a yawn, "My life has been better too, since you've been apart of it"

"I love you" I smile, kissing her forehead, "Do we have to go to work today?"

"Yes, baby" She nods, sitting up in the bed, "As much as I would love to call out too"

"Fine, I guess I can get out of bed today" I laugh, getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face

"Let's get this day over with so I can see you again later" Anissa pulls me by the waist and sways me a little, "I love you too, by the way"

"I know" I smile, rinsing my toothbrush before putting toothpaste on it then rinsing it again before brushing my teeth (**writer's note, if you don't do this? I have no words for you!**)

I still haven't told Anissa about my dream last year, I avoided it and left early for work that morning just so I could not talk about it. I honestly think I just psyched myself out because Lana and Jane have been together and she hasn't made a play for me since last year. Plus, Lana doesn't even own a gun so maybe I was just projecting my fears in my dreams? I had the dream again last week and I sorta flipped out a little, even though Lana and Jane went to Germany over the summer to visit Lana's friends there and I haven't seen her since she got back. She still texts me every now and then, but nothing too major so I guess it's just projections?

"Babe, you can't clean your teeth any more than you already have" Anissa brings me back to reality, and I realize I've been viciously brushing my teeth and staring into space for a minute or two. I spit into the sink then rinse my mouth out before rinsing my toothbrush too. I hurry to wash my face too before leaving the bathroom to get dressed. A few minutes later, Anissa comes out of the bathroom to watch me get dressed

"Hey babe?" She finally speaks, looking a little worried

"Yes?" I clip my black suit pants

"You okay? You've been spacey lately"

"I'm fine" I shoot her a smile, "Just a lot on my mind"

"I can tell" She nods, "Want to talk about it?"