Chapter 32: We can just share

Laila POV

There was a triumph look on Jer's face as he sits next to me.

I badly want to smack it off his face. "Where are you taking me?"

I finally asked. So much for my plan of resting at the hotel. He just had to come and ruin it.

"Dinner." he simply answered.

I groan. He looked at me somewhat annoyed.

"Can't we just order take out. I've been going around places for days and I just want to to get back to my hotel and rest for who knows how long." I pleaded.

"Surprise to know that you can get tired of running away from me." he snapped.

That got my full attention.

"What did you say?"

"Why do you keep running away from me Laila? Just imagine when I got back and found out you are not there. You left without a word to where you are going, not as much as a goodbye." he half yelled at me.

For the first time I see him like this, not mad but worried. As if his whole world would be torn apart any minute and I badly want to comfort him. To tell him things will be alright.

But I stopped myself. I just can't.

I still can't forget what happened before. If I succumb right now and give in, everything will be for nothing. All that hardahip I endure was not for this.

"So much had happened that I forgot. Besides, I thought you had already looked into everything behind my back." I averted his intense gaze. I don't know what will happen next if I looked at him longer.

I heard him sigh. "I didn't because I know you won't like that. I don't want to give you anymore reason to be mad at me."

I was bewildered, "Why? We both know perfectly well how this would end."

We were both quiet after that.

It was the inevitable. This arrangement of ours was only a facade to help each other. There was suppose to be nothing. Everything was suppose to be an act. And after we both get what we want it will end.

So I don't get the reason why he would lash out on me like this. Why Jer is acting up like this way.

After a couple more minutes of silence my phone ring. I answered without checking who the caller is.

"Hello?" I answered at the same time I heard Jer muttured, "Glad your phone is still working."

I glare at him as I hear Tina's voice on the other line, "Laila, where are you? I need the two of you back here in the hotel. There's something I need to discuss."

"Fine."

I ended the call.

"Tina wants us back at the hotel." I said. Jer nodded at Gin for confirmation to go.

The drive back to the hotel wasn't that long. Once we got there paparazzi had surrounded the entrance so we have to go around and wait until security had made a safe way for us.

Jer got out of the car first. Just as I was getting off, Gin helped me, "I apologize on behalf of my Boss. I know he acts impulsively but he's just worried about you Miss."

I looked at Jer's back as Gin continued, "Please go easy on him. He just doesn't want to lose you."

I looked at Gin, it was the first time he spoke at me directly. "If he would just stop being annoying."

And as if to prove my point, Jer looked back at us and then glared, "Aren't you in a hurry to talk to your agent?"

Gin let out a chuckle. I rolled my eyes at him before quickly following him inside and to where we will meet Tina.