Chapter Three

And I, built, a home for you, for me. Until it dis-appeared from me, from you. And now, it's time, to live and turn to dust
The Cinematic Orchestra
(To build a home)
                             _Step up revolution

Chapter Three

COLBY

Parties

A concept I don't think I'll ever understand. 

I've never been to a party before, neither have I ever thrown one. Or maybe I have? 

Yeah, there was that one time when I turned 6 and my parents decided to throw a three man party, in which there was no music, but just a wonderfully baked cake by my Mom which I didn't have a chance to even taste. 

But it was cool though, since I got to watch both my parents devour the cake. 

I understood that I wasn't supposed to have anything other than fruits and vegetables, and I really didn't want to have to throw up every five minutes and cough out my intestines because I decided to cross that bridge. 

That had only happened to me once. My mom got some chocolate for my cousin, Jenna, who came to live with us over a summer break. I remember my thirteen year old self being taunted by her over the fact that I couldn't survive a day if I joined her in eating the chocolate. 

I knew Jenna wasn't bad. No. 

Infact, I remember her fifteen year old self whispering to my ears every night. 

"One day, when you're better, I'll make you sit down and eat all the delicious food this world has to offer." She'll say. 

And yes, I always did believe her. There was just something about the way she spoke that had me all hopeful, and somewhat eager. 

Her words had me curious. 

I wanted to know things, feel things, make efficient use of my taste buds. I just wanted things deep down I knew I could never have.

That night, Mom and Dad had gone on a dinner date with their friends and Jenna promised to take good care of me. 

My parents in turn, knew she would do just that. 

"Aren't you a little bit curious?" She had asked me that night, the moment I set up the game and activated the game pads, after managing to tear my eyes from my laptop, where I had once been writing. 

I remember looking over my shoulder at her, as she chewed on the chocolate. 

Jenna had always been the biggest chocolate fan, and my mom knew exactly what to stuff the fridge with upon her arrival. 

"About what?" I remember myself asking. 

"How it tastes." She stated.

"What? Chocolate?" 

She nodded.

I remember my shoulders raising up an inch before dropping. "Not really."