Chapter Seven

There’s a fine line between what we want and what we need
There’s a fine line and it’s getting the best of me
Don't wish your life away
Jared Lee
(Don't Wish Your Life Away)
                                         _Fantasy Island

Chapter Seven

  DANY

I was feeling oddly unsure about the appearance of my room. It was clean as always and it was decorated in my taste, and I'd always felt so great in it, in fact, after I redecorated it, I had called my friends to come take a look because I was really proud of how it turned out. 

But for some reason unknown to me, I felt like it wasn't enough, it felt as if somehow, it became messed up overnight, and Colby wouldn't like it. 

The reason why it felt like his opinion about my room mattered, I don't think I'll ever understand. 

I closed the door behind me. 

"Your room's really nice." Colby said politely, turning towards my direction before giving me his butterfly arising smile. 

"Really? I don't really think It's that nice, I mean, it's quite normal... I mean, I designed the wallpaper myself and I had people bring in the interior decorations stuff, which was quite normal. My mom says I could have done better but my friends seem to really like it, and I um- I've seen rooms way better than mine, and um, I'm sure you've seen rooms way way better than mine, but I just realized all that information was not needed... Sorry, and um- thank you." I said, swallowing the tight lump in my throat, mentally cursing my dumb brain. 

He blinked, looking calm and relaxed, but I could see his eyes glimmering with amusement. "You're... Welcome." He said, his voice smooth and suave, turning my insides to mush. 

Oh God no! Why am I feeling like this?

I swallowed, tucking my hair behind my ear, watching his beautiful eyes follow my movement. "So um... The speech?" 

He blinked, almost as if he was waking himself out of a daze. 

"Yeah, yeah... Let's um, get on with the speech." He said. 

I smiled, walking past him to my reading table, picking up my pen and notepad. I handed it over to him. 

"Can I?" He gestured to my bed. 

"Sure, of course..." I murmured breathlessly. 

He took a seat on the edge of my bed, opening up my note pad. I stood in front of him, leaning on my reading table, staring down at him as he scribbled something on the blank sheet, like a heading or something, I wasn't really concentrating on that. 

My eyes were busy getting lost on the way his hair fell across his forehead, slightly covering his lashes. His hair was a little bit long but it suited him, it made him look somewhat different, somewhat pretty, somewhat cute. The insane urge I felt last night to run my fingers through it, struck me again. 

This boy was beautiful, and he seemed so oblivious to it, and him being oblivious about it, was so damn hot. 

What? 

He raised his head suddenly, brushing his hair back from his face with his beautiful fingers, his eyes landing on me. 

My lips parted at that action, it made my heart slip right out of my chest. 

His brows came together, creating a little cute crease between them, I swallowed.

"Are you okay?"