Chapter Twenty One

I... Just bought a new car, one where the top goes down so we can see the stars. I... Wanna take you so far, out past the Saturn rings, and into my heart
I wanna drive you wild.
John Legend
(Wild)
                          __His First July

Chapter Twenty One

COLBY

Friends, Fun and Family. 

The three important Fs. Well, let's just say I never really thought two of these three concepts would find their way into my life. I always knew they were important, but I never truly knew how important they were until now, when I have all three. I guess my Mom was right, you never know what you want until you get it. I got the most amazing friends, I had a lot of fun times these last few days, and my family, well my family has always been an important part of my life, but it got even more important, with the two Fs joining the mix. 

"How do you even manage to beat me everytime? I don't get it." Dorian said with a scowl on his face, a frown pulling down his brows as he gripped the controller, angrily tapping at the buttons. 

I looked over at him with a side grin. "I've been playing this game all my life. I know every turn, I know every ending and- well, now it's kinda easy." 

"I also have been playing it all my life, so I should be better at it than you." He said. 

I only shrugged in response. "It's just a game Dorian, besides, you're really good at it... You almost beat me once." 

He rolled his eyes. "I was so close to beating you, but something happened, my thumbs got a little bit stiff." 

"Huh uh... You said that, and I believe you." 

"Whatever." 

We got into another level with me taking the lead again as, you know... The winner, when Dorian decided to break the silence. "So, have you told her yet?" He asked, his eyes focused on the game. 

"No." I said, my eyes also not leaving the screen in front of me. 

"You know you're going to have to right? She has every right to know, besides, her Dad's a really good doctor, and he happens to specialize in your condition. You don't know, a miracle can-" 

"There's no such thing as miracles Dorian, and- I'll tell her, just not... Now. I'm not ready." 

"The month is coming to an end-" 

"All months come to an end, it's kinda what makes the world go round." 

He paused the game, making me sigh. 

"I'm being serious, Colby. You can't just give up. New trials are coming up everyday. When your Mom told me you decided to stop going for those trials, I thought and still think that it's a stupid move."