Chapter Five

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out, you've left me in the dark. No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twightlight in the shadow of your heart
Florence The Machine
(Cosmic Love)
                             _His First July

Chapter Five

COLBY

Fitness

To my better understanding, there are exactly two meanings to that word. One is my life and the other is well- for fashion?

I'll explain what I meant by for fashion. 

Waking up every morning, going for a jog, or heading to your personal gym, is just a procedure to keep you fit, or to keep you in shape. That's where you find some guys squeezing out their muscles and taking pictures of themselves facing a mirror, why? I'm not quite sure. 

Was it to get the girls? Or to show the world they've got muscles that could break bricks. I'll never truly understand.

It was like a normal tradition. You work out to stay fit and to stay in shape, to reduce weight or to burn some belly fat. I on the other hand, work out for a completely different reason, and that brings me to explain what I meant by my life.

I wake up every morning, I don't jog cause it's not safe and it's not calculated, whatever that was supposed to mean. It wasn't prescribed by Doc. So I was only limited to the private gym at my house where my Dad and sometimes my Mom, work out. 

People stay fit to be fit, or to show the world that they've got good body shapes or good morning routine, but I stay fit, to stay alive for a minute longer. 

It was an every morning tradition, and I was pretty much used to it. 

I'd forever be grateful to my Dad for keeping me company each time I come here. I know quite well that he hated stressing himself out, and working out was so not his thing, but he was doing it for me. Maybe to keep me company? Or to let me know that I'm not doing it just because of my health, but because everyone else works out to stay in shape. Still I was grateful. 

"You know," my dad breathed out, getting off of the treadmill, his grey t-shirt stained with an irregular oval shaped sweat mark. "I can feel my fitness coming in." He managed to gasp out, sounding like he was about to pass out. 

I shot him a side smile as my slightly wet hair fell irritatingly over my eyes as I slowed down the treadmill, "Yeah?" I asked. 

He nodded, unable to talk as he bent, his hands falling on his knees. 

I chuckled. "You look like you're about to pass out." I said, getting down from the treadmill right after it stopped. 

"I'm- I'm fine... I just need a sec." He said. 

"Okay." My lips kicked up in a grin as I picked up a bottle of water from the small bottle holder just beside me. "Think fast." I spoke up, and he raised to his full height, just in time to catch the bottle I threw at him. 

I picked one for myself and uncapped it before taking a few gulps. 

"So, what are your plans for today?" My dad asked, closing the lid of his bottle water.