Ch. 2- Start of term

When Alex got home she hurried to her bedroom and flopped down on the bed. Letting out a huge sigh, she couldn't shake the dreamy feeling of Kate's lips on her own. The brunette was stunning in every way, and Alex had only seen her a few hours ago, but she already felt the need to speak to her again. For a moment, she contemplated ringing Kate up, but was worried she would look to eager. Alex heard a soft buzz and realised it was her phone. It was Kate. Waiting for the phone to continue vibrating for a short time (so she didn't seem too eager), Alex picked up the phone. "Hey, it's Kate, from the cinema," came the wonderful voice down the speaker. "Hey, beautiful," replied Alex.
"I'm not the most beautiful one here!"
"Did you really just say that? Have you seen yourself?"
"Yes. And I've seen you. I still think you're the most beautiful."
Blushing, Alex replied, "Kate. I really like you."
"Just 'cos I tell you you're beautiful?" She teased.
"I'm being serious."
"I really like you too, Alex."
"Question. How old are you?" Alex questioned, steering the conversation to something that had been intriguing her. Kate was older than her, for sure, but could only have been 19 or 20.
"26."
Alex was gobsmacked. Kate looked way younger than she was. Wow. But that also meant there was a 9 year age gap between them. It didn't matter to Alex, but she wasn't sure how Kate would react to that.
"Alex, how old are you?"
"Guess."
"22?"
"Try again!"
"21?"
"I'll accept that, you're close."
"Am I right though?"
"You're close!" Alex wasn't going to lie, but she wasn't to going to be completely honest either. She knew she was at the start of something really good with Kate and didn't want to spoil it.
The pair talked for hours on the phone, mainly about pointless topics, but they got to know each other more, and both girls finished the call with a sense of anticipation as to what their relationship could turn into. Kate woke up early the next day, put on the first outfit from her wardrobe and drove to school. She was looking forward to seeing her friends, but so not looking forward to the hard work waiting for her this year. Alex had flown through school so far, but sixth form was going to be much tougher than before. Walking into the car park, she spotted Sammy, her best friend, and waved at her. The pair began to catch up on the Summer gossip, and Alex excitedly told Sammy about Kate. All too soon the first bell of the day rang and the pair split up and headed for their various classes.'English-C8-Miss K. Hughes' hmm, Miss Hughes must be new. Alex didn't think she'd heard of the teacher before, and hung outside the classroom. Seeing she was early, she dug her phone out of her pocket and texted Kate with 'Hey Kate, loved the talk last night! Are you free to chat again later? Meet up soon? Alex x'. Soon, her phone buzzed in reply. 'Hi Al, I loved it too. Of course! I'll ring you when I'm home from work! And yes let's arrange to meet up! Can't wait to kiss those lips again ;)'. Wow. That was not the reply Alex was expecting! Alex quickly texted back with 'I've been thinking about that kiss since it happened. I can't wait to see you again'. Just as she clicked the send button, she saw an apparently pretty brunette walking down the corridor, struggling to keep hold of a stack of books in her hands. This must be Miss Hughes. As she got closer, the brunette fumbled around for her keys and reached them out of her suit pocket. She quickly checked her phone with a smile and looked up at the expectant crowd outside her new classroom. Alex glanced at her new teacher and their eyes met. Kate? What?
"Excuse me class, I'm Miss Hughes, make your way in," Kate said as she unlocked the classroom door. She could have sworn she saw Alex. What was she doing here? Suddenly, it clicked into place for both girls. Kate was Alex's new teacher.