Chapter 15

Salam.
Another update? Yes it is.
I do hope you like this chapter too.

*****************************************************

"I'm having my second surgery in three days. That's what I wanted to tell you." Zaira said.

"Three days? That's the day I'm getting married." How was he supposed to see her before her surgery if he was getting married?

~

That was yesterday when he went to visit her with Samia. He thought he could structure the time to be able to see her but her surgery coincided with the wedding. Oh his luck.

Fortunately Dean got him a really nice suit. He was planning on shifting his wedding a few hours ahead. The only problem was how to tell his parents who would literally question...

"Tell your future wife to stop kissing my ass!" Habiba just barged into his room without even knocking.

"Woah! Language. If dad hears you, you are so dead." Karim sat up.

"You curse all the time!" She frowned.

"Touché but I don't go round screaming it, do I? What happened?" Karim hoped Zaira hadn't ruined everything.

"Well. Since I arrived, Zaira has been all up in my face! Doing everything for me! 'Oh let me do it Habiba. I'm sure you are tired. Oh Habiba this oh Habiba that.'" Habiba mimicked Zaira and  Karim couldn't help but chuckle.

"You don't want her help? That's what you are saying?" Karim gave her a flat look.

"I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is I have been here just a day but every second I'm around her it's like she wants to carry me so I don't walk. I just saw her downstairs and she literally removed my coat for me. Like a butler!"

"She's downstairs?" Karim wondered when she even got there.

"She's been for a while I think. That's not my point! I just don't like how she is treating me so special!"
Karim was confused. What was wrong with that?

"What's wrong with her treating you special?"

"Because it's only me! A normal daughter-in-law would be trying to impress her father and mother-in-law...not me. Unless...She already left an impression." It now clicked in Habiba's head.

All the hostile treatment her mother was giving Zaira made sense. At first she had thought maybe because of her style but it wasn't.

"What happened?" Habiba scrunched her eyes at him suspiciously.
Sometimes he hated her being quick to catch on.

"What do you mean? Nothing happened..."

"Oh stop the lies. Something went wrong. Didn't it?" Habiba pressed on.

Karim sighed. He might as well tell her.

"Unfortunately. Zaira didn't really make the best first impression."
And that's how Karim ended up telling Habiba everything that had happened since Zaira met their parents till now.
Habiba listened carefully without interrupting him. This was one big mess.

...that's the summary of it." Karim ended.

"Let me see if I got this right. Everyone who met her before we did yesterday doesn't like her?" Habiba summarized.

"Pretty much." Karim shrugged.

"Then how is this marriage happening?!" Habiba exclaimed in shock.