Chapter 17

It was finally the weekend of the big gala that was taking place in Seattle. 

Over the week, things had been pretty much normal, other than the whole Beth incident. Jared came to pick me up the next day, tired and exhausted, telling me that Beth was nowhere to be found.

Liza was better and we all stayed in the penthouse until the Cunning mansion was repaired. The entire glass of the living room had shattered, leaving it fully exposed. 

Jared drove us to school the entire week and left early so he could look for Beth. Asher or Will would give us a ride back to the penthouse when school ended. 

Now we were currently in a hotel suite in Seattle that was of course owned by the Cunning's. 

Liza and me were applying make up in the bathroom while Jared was outside with his three best friends Asher, Will, and Jaxon, deciding which tie to wear. 

"Which color looks better on me: green or blue?" Liza asked as she headed into the closet to try on the dresses Jared's assistant Meghan had ordered. 

"Uhm, I liked the green one," I said as I applied my mascara. 

"You girls ready?" Jaxon asked as he entered the bathroom. 

"Hey! Get out Jax! I'm changing in here," Liza yelled as she closed the door of the closet.

Me and him made eye contact and then started laughing. 

"What's so funny out there?!" Liza yelled. 

"Nothing," I said as I shook my head and pulled my hair out of its ponytail. 

"Where's your dress?" Jaxon asked as he leaned against the door frame. 

I shrugged and nodded towards the closet door. "Probably in there."

He gave me a cheeky smile and left the bathroom. 

"You two almost done?" Jared said as he now entered the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes at him and replied with an attitude. "You and your friend need to stop asking. We'll be ready when we want to be."

He groaned and ran a hand through his hair. "I don't want to deal with your pessimistic attitude tonight. You promised you'd be on your best behavior."

"Mhm," was all I said as I finished my hair and makeup. All that was left was the dress. "Which dress did Meghan get me?"

He shrugged his shoulders and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "How would I know?"

"Well didn't you pick the dress and then ask her to buy it?" I asked turning to face him, pulling my brows together in a frown. 

A moment of silence. "No."

"So she just chose random dresses for us to wear for a really important gala?"

"No, your dress is random. Liza requested her dress."

Damn.

"Oh, okay," I said in irritation.

"I don't get you sometimes," he suddenly said, leaving the bathroom.

"Well I don't get you at all!" I exclaimed as he left. 

"Are you talking to yourself?" Liza asked as she exited the closet wearing her stunning light green maxi dress.

"No and your dress is beautiful. Really goes with your red hair and green eyes."

"Aww thank you! I do love this dress style," she squealed as she spun in her dress. "Go wear yours. Its in a bag on the rack."