Chapter 16

Jaella's POV

I step out of the bathroom in an oversized t-shirt and shorts to see Spencer in his pyjamas from yesterday. He looks up from his phone and smiles at me, obviously excited for our 'sleepover' to begin.

"I still can't believe that you don't like Chinese food," I say whilst shaking my head, feigning disapproval.

"Hey now," he argues. "It's not that I don't like the food, it's just that chopsticks are hard to use. And I look like a fool if I ask for a fork."

"I'm sure that you, Dr. Reid, could never look like a fool."

"I mean seriously. It's like trying to forge for dinner with a pair of number two pencils," he says exasperatedly.

I giggle at his outburst. He smiles and then looks back down to his phone.

"Penelope keeps texting me slang and abbreviations, what does IDK, GTG and TTYL mean?"

"The Spencer Reid is not tech savvy?" I gasp in mock surprise. "I don't know, got to go and talk to you later."

I see his face drop. "Oh ok, see you tomorrow."

I realise my mistake.

"No no no Spencer," I quickly blurt out, "those are just the meanings of the texts." I begin to laugh and he soon joins in.

"I just thought that you didn't want to do this with me," he says after catching his breath.

"Never," I reply while looking into his eyes. "You can also make pictures using texts."

I sit down beside him on the bed and take out my phone and start to make pictures.

"For example, you can make happy faces, sad faces, and you can add this symbol to make it have angry eyebrows."

: ) : ( >: (

He laughs amusedly at all of the images I create, as if I've shown him a whole new world.

"Ooh you can create hearts using the less than symbol and three."

<3

"This is brilliant," he exclaims, now texting smiley faces on his own keyboard.

I chuckle at him and suddenly notice our close proximity. He must have moved over to look at my phone screen. I can practically feel the heat radiating off him.

I clear my throat. "So are you ready to commence part one of operation sleepover?"

As if on queue there is a knock at the door. I hop up from the bed to answer it. I return with two large plates of room service pizza.

"I wasn't sure what toppings that you'd like so I just got margarita for both of us."

"It's perfect," he says excitedly.

"Alright so what movie do you want to watch. If we are abiding by sleepover rules then it is mandatory that we watch a chic-flick." He raises an eyebrow at me, as if he knows that watching a chic-flic isn't actually a rule. "Are you really questioning my sleepover expertise? Now choose. Clueless, Mean Girls or 10 Things I Hate About you?"

He is deep in thought until he finally decides.

"Well the last option has a number in it so I think that we'll go with that one."

"Fabulous choice. My personal favourite if I'm being honest," I reply with a grin.

I turn on the hotel television and set up the movie. We both comfortably lie on the bed on our stomachs, shoulder to shoulder, whilst scoffing down slices of cheesy pizza, commenting on the movie whenever feeling like it. As the credits begin to roll I turn my head to see Spencer already looking at me.