4| A New Day

|CHAPTER - 4|

***

Did he run away? Did she look that scary? Rolling her eyes she quickly picked up the plate lying at the edge of her bed. It had several curries and roti but all she could point out was chole and almost in seconds she gulped down the food licking her fingers clean. 

She slowly bent sidewards trying her best to not create any pressure on her aching legs and placed the empty plate on the wooden table beside the bed. The second her back touched the smooth bed she slipped into a deep slumber, sleeping like a log. 

Her peaceful sleep was broken as she heard a loud banging sound of doors opening, Riya quickly sat up rubbing her eyes trying to open her sleep-filled eyes.

"How long are you planning to sleep, woman?" She could hear Raghuveer's irk filled voice as he shouted at her. 

Riya partially lifted her eyes to have a look at him and unavoidably she noticed that he looks all clean and fresh. Unlike yesterday he has worn some bright clothes today, a dark blue kurta with a single gold chain around his neck which gained attention towards his tall neck. 

He slowly took steps near her and she couldn't help but notice his clear skin and once again those godly attractive lips, "What have you done to Dhruvan?" 

Raghuveer inquired, folding his hands over his chest as he silently observed her, what would have this woman said to Dhruvan that he completely refused to even involve in a conversation about her?

"Um, who is that we are talking about?" Riya flashed a small as she asked him and Raghuveer just wanted to hit himself wondering why did he have to treat her? 

"My servant, who brought food for you yesterday-" 

"Ah that one, he ran away even before I could get to see his face! And furthermore, what will I do to him?" Riya waved her hands in the air as she spoke and Raghuveer stood speechless, he knew that Dhruvan is a scaredy-cat but isn't running away extremely unacceptable? 

"Anyway, I was wondering if I could use your washroom?" Riya murmured slowly and the immediate second Raghuveer knew this is discomfort now. The washroom is far away and this woman is in no condition to walk that far.

He rubbed his head thinking deeply about what should be done, Dhruvan will kill himself but he won't even cast a look at her let alone helping her to use the washroom. Raghuveer now regrets that he had fired all his female help. 

With no choice at hand, he bent forward and scooped her up in his arms and Riya squealed in surprise as her hands rounded around his neck. 

"What are you doing!" 

"The washroom is relatively distant from here and with your swollen legs you will not make it there in a day." Raghuveer stepped outside his chambers and marched away from his house. 

It was slightly uncomfortable for Riya to find comfort in this position nonetheless the view of his face from elevation was blissful enough. 

Her left hand around his neck could feel his somewhat moist hair and miraculously he smelt of thick spices like cinnamon. She leaned her head on his shoulder and looked forward struggling to divert her attention away from him.

"Why are we going towards the forest? Is washroom not inside your house?" She asked bending her head to meet his eyes and Raghuveer scoffed in annoyance. 

"Nobody has washrooms inside their house, woman."

"Really? But I think I have had a washroom at my house." Riya told, trying to stress her brain to develop some images of her life.