16| A New Morning

|CHAPTER -16 | 

***

The early golden rays of the morning sun were shining bright on Riya's face and unable to continue her beauty sleep in the bright light, she woke up running a hand across her face. A slow blush crept up to her face as vivid images of last night flashed in front of her, she slowly brought her fingers up and touched her lips with a dreamy look on her face, unable to pull herself out of the happy bubble. 

That was not even a kiss, stupid. Her brain kept taunting her but come on, touching him is something unforgettable even if it was a small peck.

They were so close last night, that Riya can still remember his manly scent. It was her first attempt at a kiss and was going to be her first kiss but that Son of a buffalo, Dhruvan had to pop up right at the peak time. 

Last night, Raghuveer was almost about to kiss her and right at the moment, they could hear a faint hum of some godly prayer.

"Oh lord, you are the best." 

What, who is this moron interrupting now! 

Raghuveer already seemed distracted, but Riya was not going to let this chance go in vain so she placed her hand around his neck and pushed herself a little forward and just when she was about to press her lips against his, they again heard the song. Loud and clear now. 

"Oh Lord take me with you! I will die-" Dhruvan's screeching voice felt like a mosquito's moan in the ear to Riya.

Raghuveer stood up at once pulling himself away from Riya as he looked a little flustered and Riya saw red. If that piece of shit would have entered the house silently then she could be kissing Raghuveer by now. 

"Um, Ahem." Raghuveer coughed slightly as he tried to look anywhere buy Riya, "Why don't you go back to your chambers-" 

"Then what about what we were about to do!" Riya complained as her cheeks turned warm, this was somewhat embarrassing but nonetheless, shouldn't she get what she was expecting excitedly?

"Wh-what?" This has to be the first in his life that he ever stuttered and that too in front of a woman, but how can he blame himself as Riya is no normal one. 

This flustered expression and confusion on his face almost looked cute to Riya. Who can be luckier than her to get a view of seeing a rigid prince blush? 

"Just go to your-" Before he could complete his statement Raghuveer felt soft lips being pressed to his making him almost bend backwards due to the unexpected move of Riya, Raghuveer unknowingly leaned forward to deepen the kiss but Riya pulled herself back, "Okay, Rajkumar Ji I will take my leave then." Patting his chest Riya swiftly turned away from him as she ran back to her chambers giggling mischievously.

And an innocent Dhruvan reached the house singing his godly song, "Oh Lord-" 

"Shut up!" Raghuveer almost screamed in frustration at Dhruvan, "Are you trying to scare the gods with your screechy voice? If you dare to sing once again in this house, I will pull your tongue out!" Screaming he strode to his room with heavy footsteps and a disturbed heart. 

"I was just trying to scare the demon with my godly songs." Whispered a confused Dhruvan who was startled by this new bizarre side of his master. 

• • 

Riya quickly changed herself from Veeru's comfy kurta to an uncomfortable half saree and strolled out of her chambers trying to act as cool as possible. So what if this was her first kiss, alright, alright, the first peck. This is normal, it has to be normal but the thought of facing Veeru made her blush deep pink. What must he be thinking of her? Did she behave like a desperate woman yesterday night? Oh God. Riya facepalmed herself as she walked out the main door of the house. She has to stop overthinking about every damn thing in life.