22| An Invitation For Truth

|Chapter -22|

***

"The walls of a royal palace are built with the blood and vengeance of innocent souls, Raghuveer." Dipankar looked dead in his eyes as he questioned him, "Are you ambitious enough to break through the flesh of every person who blocks your way and taint your hands with their blood?" 

A slow smile upon Raghuveer's lips as he couldn't help but laugh at Diapankar's words, his rich velvet laugh echoing through the silent night as a lone tear slipped down his cheek resembling how he found a weird sense of mirth in his words.

"My bad, " Rahhuveer said, managing to speak in between his laugh, "Yet I can not apologise for laughing though. You sound like your mother-" 

"This is not the time-" 

In a swift, with an unexpected move, Raghuveer shifted closer to Dipankar, his fierce eyes boring deep into Dipankar's, as he spoke, "Why do you think I am interested in taking over the throne, huh? To kill and torture our people like your mother? To disregard those blunders our ministers commit, like our father? Never, I will show you and your pitiful mother how to rule without shedding the blood of innocent souls!" 

"But you won't be able to, Raghuveer. You are already late in this endless game of politics, most of the ministry is favouring us. You won't stand a chance-" 

"Chance?" Raghuveer scoffed as his lips curved up into a fake smile as his chest heaved in pride, "Chances are for those who believe in luck, and I can assure you that I am enough to take you and your fake council down in no time." 

"Good luck with your downfall then. But remember, if you choose this path then not only you, must also that woman you desire will fall-" 

"Riya is none of your business." Raghuveer spoke loudly, curbing Dipankar from completing his sentence. But deep down even he knows the fact that he should not pull Riya in this turmoil of Royal egos and their cruel world.

Hearing enough from Raghuveer, an angry Dipankar turned around to march inside the house but before he could, Raghuveer's final words for the night set his heart on fire.

"I am not you, Dipankar. I will not be a weakling to let go of a woman I like, nor will I let go of a throne I desire."

• •

Green leaves were rolling down on the dirty brown ground as the sunlight peeked through the dense and tall trees. Once again, the sunrise was gorgeous. Or maybe it can be the fact that anything and everything can be beautiful with Raghuveer by her side. 

Riya couldn't sleep last night, her eyes remain open lost in thoughts of her existence. She was so eerily lost in her thoughts to even notice the time swap, so lost that even a long night seemed short, but having enough of the gloomy dark room she managed to step out of the chambers to relive the morning air, and that was when Raghuveer jumped in front of her surprising her to death. 

Well, it can be a little scary if the person in your thoughts just jumps in front of you like a summoned ghost. But shortly, Raghuveer suggested a morning stroll through the backyard and almost immediately she accepted his offer. 

Her brown eyes were struck on the tall and gigantic green trees and the falling dry leaves, but a certain man in sight made her heart drum and pound loudly as Riya kept her mouth shut. 

As a kid, teachers complained about her talkative nature. About how she would disturb their classes and divert students attention but a momentous thing which can only keep her lips tight is nervousness.