14| A Bloom of happiness

|CHAPTER - 14|

***

Riya was partially awake from the uneven moments, Raghuveer was probably carrying her in his arms as he walked. Riya leaned her head on the curve of his neck and shoulder as she kept dwelling on her memories. She knows for sure that she doesn't belong here, her memories were flooding back every time she took a nap, and this time she was more than confused.

That night when Piyali attacked her she happened to slip off a cliff, but hold on, how come everything here is so different from where she grew up? Did she reach any other country somehow? Come on, which country still follows a monarchy system and that too, with infinite Indian vibes? 

You have to guess Riya! Thinking, she made a check box in her brain. Pakistan? Bangladesh? No way, as far as she knows they don't have any monarchy system and ruling kings. Then, can it be Sri Lanka? Wait for a second, how can I fall down and reach another country? Or maybe there might be a whole different country under that hill, is that even possible?

Riya almost smacked her head as she gained her senses back, she cringed at the thought that she might be losing her brain by overthinking .

This is a reason that social studies are an important subject to study! But her stupid ass always focused on acting. Rolling her eyes in frustration she tightened her grip around his neck huffing loudly. 

Should she get down now that she is no more drowsy? Nope, her brain poped the word secretly whispering to enjoy this moment. 

"I know you are awake, so stop clinging on me like a lizard and step down." Raghuveer spoke as he controlled the urge to throw her down. 

When the boat ride came to an end, Riya was still sleeping soundly. He couldn't get himself to break her peaceful sleep, she has been facing this constant headache so he let her sleep. However, her nap took no name to end. The bright moon which was at the east side was gradually dropping to the west indicating the arrival of the sun.   

And the boat driver was losing his calm reminding Raghuveer that he had a family to attend. So he decided to carry her instead but shortly after that, he realised that Riya woke up yet she didn't comment anything but choose to be lost in the world of her thoughts. 

"Um, I am comfortable like this, thank you Veeru." Hesitatingly Riya dogged his offer which riled up Raghuveer, "I gave you no choice! Step down this instant-" 

"Ha! Yes, my bad! I should have considered your old age." Commenting slyly Riya slipped down his arms and walked forward.

Raghuveer was almost shocked hearing her words, "I am not old-"

"Oh yes, you are. Possibly, a little over forty or something?" Riya poked fun at Raghuveer as she put her hands behind her back, walking a quick pace. 

"What! No, I am just twenty-seven and not-" 

"No my old grandpa, you don't have to hide your age. For a fact, I should stop calling you Veeru now as you are older than me." 

"What nonsense are you barking, woman? Have you lost your brain-" Raghuveer quickly-paced behind Riya as she carelessly walked along the forest path as if she retains some power over this forest. The sleek moonlight played no part to stop her fast walk.

"My bad, prince- I mean oldie Rajkumar." Riya twirled around, seldom teasing him as she enjoyed the red tint of anger on his face. Serves him right. 

"Call me Veeru! Not that oldie-" 

"Nah!" Riya twirled again in happiness. She just found a new leisure, teasing Veeru and so far she is enjoying this too much for her sanity.