𝟡|𝔸𝕝𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕞𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕖

Sitting behind the counter with your boyfriend leaning on the front of it every so often looking back at you to let you know he was still listening. You were reading to him a part from your favourite book. The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkein.

You look back up from the book when you heard footsteps. Upon looking back up you noticed Alan had walked away without even telling you he'd be back. "Alan where are you going?" He just looked at you and turned back around and carried on walking. "For the fifth time this week." You mutter to yourself.

When you and Alan had first gotten together he was so sweet and listened to you. If he had to go somewhere he would just quickly tell you he'd be right back but now he just walks away and doesn't say anything.

Sighing you get off of the stool and walk to the back room. You put your book in your bag which had some pyjamas and spare clothes because you were supposed to stay at Alan's that night but having had enough of how he would just walk away from you without saying anything you didn't want too anymore.

Blinking back tears, after reminding yourself of what it used to be, slipping your bag on your shoulder. You walk out the back room and start to leave the store. "Hey Y/N where are you going?" Alan calls out to you. You look at him as a stray tear falls down your cheek.

You look at him and carry on walking out you pass by the boys on motorcycles whilst walking down the boardwalk. The boys Alan believes to be vampires. They stare at you as you walk past with tears falling down your face. "Y/N!" You hear being shouted after you.

Alan catches up to you and grabs your arm. "Hey, what's wrong why'd you leave?" He asks. "Oh so you actually noticed I was upset? Haven't you got some vamp business to attend too?" You say and start to walk away. He grabs your arm and pulls you into an alley away from everyone's prying eyes.

"Is that what this is about? The fact that I'm trying to protect Santa Carla and YOU from those blood suckers?" He asks looking annoyed. "It's not that Alan I know you're trying to protect me but when we first got together you were the sweetest person ever and now you walk away whilst I'm still talking and just ignore me for hours on end." You respond voice quivering.

"Really? You know I've got the comic book store to help run and all my vampire hunting things to sort out why can't you be supportive of me?" He asks sounding even more annoyed. "I am supportive of you! You know that! It's just I want my boyfriend to listen to me when I'm talking to him instead of just walking away and ignoring me!" You say voice breaking in the middle.

"It's not my fault all you want is my attention when I have important stuff to do." He shouts. "Oh? Is that so. Well then I guess we should just take a break." You say looking down. "You know what, you're right maybe we should let's go get something to eat at the pizza place." He says grabbing your hand and walking out the alley quickly.

You pull yourself away from him and he turns to look at you confused. You could hear the snickering of David and his gang. "I didn't mean let's take a break from work. I meant a break from us. I need time to think." His confusion disappeared in an instant and was immediately replaced with a blank expression.

"I love you, I really do but I just need time to think. I'm sorry." You say and walk away. "Y/N!" He shouts after you. You turn and walk backwards. "I'm sorry Alan." You shout and turn back around.

Le magical time skip of 2 weeks.

Two weeks had passed, you and Alan hadn't seen each other the whole time. At this point in time your mom asked you to take a batch of cupcakes to the people who had just moved into the house next to yours. Of course you knew someone already lived there but their relatives had just moved in.

So to welcome them to the town she made cupcakes. Sighing, you put your shoes on and take the tin full of cupcakes. You walk up to the door and knock. A woman opens the door. "Ah hello are you a friend of Sam's? He's already got two friends over I didn't know he was having more." "Oh no. I'm Y/N L/N I live next door my mom and I just thought we'd welcome you to the town with a little gift." You say and smile.

"Ah thank you come in I'm making dinner. So I can't leave it for too long." She says opening the door. "Thank you." You say and step in. You follow her to the kitchen where you can smell the dinner cooking. "Wow, smells delicious Miss Emerson!" You say as you put the tin on the counter. "Ah thank you, you can call me Lucy." She smiles at you.

You smile back and open the tin. "We thought our 'welcome to town gift' would be some home made cupcakes there is a mixture of vanilla, chocolate and red velvet." You say showing Lucy the decorated cupcakes. "Wow they look lovely. Thank you, you can stay for dinner if you would like. A thank you for the gift." You open your mouth to respond when footsteps cut you off. "Mom! When's dinner gonna be ready?" A boy your age asks.

"Soon Sam. Ah Y/N this is my son Sam and his friends Edgar and Alan." She says gesturing to all the boys. You smile at them all. You eyes linger on Alan a little longer. "Thanks for your offer of dinner Lucy, but I've already eaten. It was nice to meet you Sam even if it was briefly. Welcome to town." "Thank you Y/N. Sam see her out whilst I finish dinner. Thank you for the cupcakes." Lucy says. "It's ok, goodbye Miss Emerson."

Sam, Edgar and Alan all walk you to the door. "See you guys." You say and leave. As you're walking you hear footsteps catching up to you. "Y/N wait! I wanna talk to you." You stop and turn around. "What's up Edgar?" You ask him. "I wanna talk to you about Alan. Since you guys took your break. He hasn't been the same. He's stopped eating and lost interest for the vampire hunting. Please you've gotta talk to him." He says pleading with you.

"Edgar I-" "Please Y/N. He needs you." He says and walks away you shake your head and go to bed. The next day you wake up and think of what to do. Your mind wanders back to what Edgar had said the night before. "Here goes nothing." You say and get dressed.

Standing beside the comic book store you start to think this was all a mistake. Taking a deep breath, you walk into the store. You see Edgar sat behind the counter. "Hey." You say softly. He looks up and smiles slightly at you.

"You came through then." He says and you nod. "He's in the back room sorting the boxes." You nod and walk over to the back room. You open the door, step in and close it. "For the millionth time Edgar I'm ok." He says without looking at you.

"Well I would've asked how you are but I already know now." You say as he turns quickly nearly falling. "Y/N." He breathes. His hair is a bit messy and he looks really tired. "Hi." You say softly. He gets up and stands just staring at you. "H-how uh have you been?" He asks.

"Alright, haven't really left my house." You say whilst shrugging. "Ah where you uh reading?" He asks rubbing the back of his neck. You nod and just look at him. Being face to face with him after the two weeks had passed. You realise how much you had missed him even if he did walk away without saying anything.

You sigh not being able to control your emotions. You step forward and wrap your arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around your waist and lifts you up. You wrap your legs around him wanting to be as close to him as possible. "Never leave me again." He says into your shoulder. "I won't I promise." You respond smiling into his shoulder.