Coffee and Microphones (Full Chapter)

The next morning I woke up with a start. My alarm was beeping loudly at me which I sluggishly reached to turn off. After seeing the clock read 7:30 in blaring red lights, I rolled out of bed and slipped on my house slippers.

After fully washing up, I felt awake enough for the day. I walked to my closet and filtered through the articles of clothing. Deciding to go with a causal black hoodie and light blue jeans, I threw the both of them on with a white tank top underneath. By the time I stuffed everything I needed into my black sling bag, it was 9:31 and my doorbell went off.

Hurriedly I rushed towards the door, hastily tying the laces of my black converse highs. Slipping on my mask, I opened the door while slinging my bag on with my free arm.

Upon opening, Namjoon stood with his famous dimple smile. He wore a black hat with two silver rings hanging off the bill and a mask under his chin hanging off his ears. He wore a white t-shirt tucked into black jeans. The rapper also wore a light blue cardigan with pockets that assumingely held his phone. Speaking of holding, I saw the familiar cover of the third book of the series I recommended. After seeing me, Namjoon pulled his mask up to sit properly on his face.

"Shall we go?" He asked politely. I nodded and we started walking towards the bus stop. The walk there was rather quiet, but peaceful. While we stood at the bus stop, I noticed that Namjoon was also wearing black converse highs. I giggled mentally after seeing we were matching.

""So where exactly are we going?" I asked after we sat down on the bus. Namjoon's eyes turned into soft crescents full of excitement. I saw him cling onto the book with a certain type of cheerfulness. I couldn't help but smile under my mask.

"I told you, we're going to my favourite library. It's in downtown and it's always a bit busy, but I hope you appreciate it as much as I do." Namjoon spoke. I nodded my head and changed the topic. The rest of the bus ride we talked about 'The Selection' series.

"Right? Prince Maxon was totally the right person for her, though I do feel bad for the other guy." I said. Soon the bus slowed to a stop and Namjoon ushered me off the bus. Upon exiting the large vehicle, I was in front of a large bricked building.

Looking around, windows weren't frequently placed, however the building was tall with dark brown trimming. There was stairs in front of me that led to a large archway of dark wood doors. It seemed more like a church than a library, however I wasn't about to knock Namjoon's favourite library.

The leader than grabbed my hand and practically ran up the stairs. I stumbled behind him, trying not to trip. Namjoon opened the door and I was immediately hit with the scent of fresh paper and coffee.

I noticed the high ceiling that held a large chandelier. Tall spruce wood book shelves lined the walls with the occasional ladder resting against them. I saw the railing in front of me and curiously walked towards it. Afterwards, I noticed that I was on the second floor of the building.

There was a large gap in the middle that exposed the grander part of the library. Down below, the same bookshelves littered the floor into a maze like layout. Around the sides, I could make out tables and chairs, with computers on one side. Across me, at the back of the bottom floor I saw the coffee shop. I kept looking around in awe.

"I see why you like this so much, oppa." I spoke breathlessly. Namjoon chuckled and continued to drag me. We walked by multiple people towards the back. I smiled at Namjoon's excitement and continued to look around. It was true that this place was busy, but it wasn't a hurry like crowds were in malls. It was quiet, calming, and relaxing. It was like Horizons, so I felt at home.

When we were at the back of the room, I noticed the dark oak stairs that travelled down. Namjoon pulled me down and I had no choice but to obey. After I stepped onto the bottom layer, I noticed how looming the bookshelves really were. It looked so tiny from the top along with the people.