8~Not ready

Parents are cheering on their kids and some are raging at the referee about an unfair game. I have moved to the very top of the bleachers due to a few parents and their kids throwing popcorn and nacho chips at me.

Someone even went as far as to throw a half-full coke bottle at me. Thankfully, whoever they were had bad aim and missed. Security guards were there to stop them and even escorted them out of the gym. At least, this place has some rules and regulations.

When we entered the rec center, everyone's mouths gaped open at the sight of me walking with my family and the whispers started.

Alchemy and her new boyfriend are outside possibly flirting, making out, or whatever. My mother climbs the bleachers carefully while holding nachos and two bottles of sprite. She makes it up to the top without any issues and sits down then comes Sydnie with a coke bottle and sits by me.

Mom hands me a sprite and I take it, open it, and drink a few gulps of it. She hands the nachos to Zander who is intently watching the game. Nick, on the other hand, is in the lobby trying to pick up some girl.

"Where's Alchemy?" Sydnie asks looking around me for her.

I shrug my shoulders, "Last time I saw her, she went outside with her boyfriend."

Sydnie shakes her head, "I just came from out there, and she was nowhere to be found."

I groan not wanting to deal with this and pay attention to the game. Andy scores two points, I cheer along with the other parents whose kids are on the same team.

During a time-out, Sydnie turns to me and just stares at me.

"What?" I ask with the silent stare.

Sydnie knows I hate it when she does that, but something is on her mind.

"We need to talk when we get home." Sydnie takes a sip of the cold cola.

"About what?" Arching my brow.

Our sisterly bond is not as strong as I would like it to be. But, Sydnie is never mean or rude to me like Nickolas is and can be. However, when Sydnie tells me she wants to talk to me, I know it's a very serious matter.

"Just a few things I have no-," she burps, "been noticing lately. I need to nip it in the bud with you." Sydnie partially explains.

"Alright," I'm not too enthusiastic about whatever Sydnie wants to talk about. I surely hope it has nothing to do with Alchemy's change in behavior, Nick's treatment of me, or a lecture about me being adopted.

She does the last one a lot, I guess she knows when I'm feeling down about being adopted into a different color family. Hence, why she tries to help ease the pain a little by telling me she loves me and I'm the best sister.

It helps sometimes, other times it makes me wonder where my parents are or if they are even still alive for that matter. I tend to think a lot about them even though I don't remember anything about them.

Sydnie looks back at the game. I do the same. Andy's team is leading by five points and it is the 4th period of the game with 1 minute and 30 seconds to go on the clock. Everyone is at the edge of their seats for the game considering it is the game for the playoffs.

Andy's team has the ball and Andy dribbles the ball down the court, shouting out a play. Her teammates spread out and started jumping up and down, shouting for the ball. The other team tries their best to guard the jumping team members.

With 20 seconds on the clock and seeing no one open, Andy shoots the ball from the three-point line, the buzzer sounds, and the ball goes through the hoop with a swoosh. The whole gym erupts in cheers as Andy's team members high five Andy and hugs her.