Chapter 9 - Frozen

Dahlia

Dahlia saw a little green leaf first, and gasped. She didn't believe it. They really did have powers.

The vine grew like the hope blossoming inside her, they were going to get out. It came down to where they were all sitting. They were going to get out. Without Milo.

"Where's Milo?" She asked looking around the room.

"Whose Milo?" Betha and Terre asked at the same time.

"My wolf."

Betha's eyes widened and then she then started yelling. "Bruno. Bruno."

Dahlia laughed. "You named him Bruno?"

"What's wrong with Bruno?"

Dahlia didn't answer because she heard barks.

Milo and Bruno burst through two metal doors near the side of the dungeon. Milo was dragging Dahlia's belt.

"Why don't we just go through those doors." Dahlia asked pointing to the ones the two wolves just burst through. 

Betha shook his head, "While some people were resting-"

"I was unconscious," Dahlia corrected, giving Betha a death-stare.

"I was conscious, and when they took us in I saw this place. It's a maze. We'll never make it out."

Dahlia hugged Milo and then slipped on her belt.

"I'll climb it." Dahlia stated.

"What?" Betha asked, looking to Dahlia.

"I'll climb it." Dahlia repeated.

"We're all climbing it."

Dahlia shook her head. "It's too dangerous, I'll be able to use my rope to tie myself to the vine, in case I fall. Once I get up there, I'll pull you up."

Betha snorted. Dahlia sighed.

Dahlia tied herself with the rope and held on to the vine with both hands. She used her feet to scale the wall. She was sideways on the wall and used her hands to support her weight. When she reached the top, she swung her legs into the hole and crawled through then pulled the vine in behind her.

"Are you good up there?"

Dahlia untied the rope then threw it down and then the vine. "Tie Milo onto it."

"Nice to know how much you care about us!" Betha yelled.

"Glad we cleared that up then." Dahlia muttered.

Still, Betha tied Milo onto it and Dahlia pulled Milo up, and reached forward to untie him, he jumped up and down and started yapping.

"Tie up yourself now, and hold on to Bruno." 

Dahlia heard shuffling and then Terre's voice.

"I can't trust you. You either let me come first, or none of us go."

Dahlia was stunned. "Wha-"

"You either let me come first, or neither of us go," She repeated.

Dahlia sighed. She was sick of this. This place. These people with powers. 

"Hurry."

She pulled Terre up with Milo's help. Dahlia didn't know what to expect when Terre reached. Would she be crying. Angry? Would she run away. But as usual Terre was stone faced. Dahlia glared at her. "Come on, Betha. They could come any second."