ix. Freshman Pranks

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER NINE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*  repairs  *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: 20th November 2013
location: The Bus, Classified

    ━━"Telepathy doesn't exist," Roy feels like she's been telling herself those words for the past hour. "Science proves it, it doesn't exist!"

    Simmons sighed, giving her an arched-brow glance from where she was on the phone, trying to get the three of them access to the particle accelerator that had blown so they could find the science behind this. They were faced with another possible Index Case━one with telepathy. Fitz placed his D.W.A.R.V.E.S. case on the table, letting out a long sigh, "Well, today might prove otherwise, Roy, may as well keep an open mind."

    She stared at him. "Are you seriously telling me to keep an open mind?" Roy gaped. "You do realise that you refuse to believe that time can be changed━"

    "That's because time doesn't technically exist," he told her. "It's just something we've made up to understand the fourth-dimension━"

    "━you are literally just proving my point━"

    "━No," Simmons stopped both of them. "No, you are not doing this right now, okay? We do not need another day of arguments about Space-Time, got it?"

    Fitz and Roy both sent each other narrowed looks, before rolling their eyes in unison and continuing on with their work.

    Hearing the sound of Coulson and Skye coming down the stairs from the catwalk above, Simmons set her phone aside and the three friends hurried out of the lab to meet them. "Sir," Simmons greeted, "The Department of Energy's declared. the particle acceleration lab too dangerous to enter."

    "But the good news is," added Fitz, giving her a glance, "is we still think we can retrieve the disaster event data from the instruments."

    "We'll determine the cause," continued Roy, "and see if there's any correlation between telekinesis spontaneously forming and a particle accelerator exploding."

    Coulson nodded, satisfied with this information. "Well, it does use giant magnets to fire billions of subatomic particles into their anti-particles at the speed of light━" Fitz-Roy-Simmons all stared, unblinking in surprise at his explanation, "━to create miniature Big Bangs, so it seems like a good place to start."

    The scientists were surprised into silence, unable to believe the words that just came out of their team leader's mouth. Seeing the disbelief, Coulson frowned, "I read," he told them.