lv. Bees To A Hive II

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* failed experiments *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: June 20th, 2016
location: the Playground, Classified

━━Leith has started to spend his time a lot more in the lab than he used to. (And that had been a lot). It's gotten to the point where he knows how to work some of Jemma's things. He knows the password to her computer, he knows how to handle test tubes into the rotators. Need someone to turn on a simulator? He's your man!

It was all he could do to help now that he was locked down to the base. All Inhumans remaining were. They couldn't risk Hive contaminating any of them. Leith had looked the guy in the eye in Romania. He had been harassing Jemma with a story of Will, and Leith had been so furious he got himself into serious danger of being swayed to get her out of the situation. He may have well have been if she hadn't shot the Inhuman multiple times in the stomach before he got the chance.

It also kept him from exploding. It's been far too long that Clara and Daisy have been stuck in Hive's control. Far too long. What were the lasting effects? He's seen what drugs do to people, and to think that his sister and his best friend were going through the same, or something far worse, it sent him over the edge.

He felt useless, that was for sure. He was supposed to protect his sister; that was wha big brothers do. And yet━here he was━stuck at base, and it was driving him mad. And with all of that, there was guilt; guilt that in the end, he was going to leave anyway, and he was stuck with everyone gazing at him with shame, or anger for him leaving after this was done, or just purely upset. It made him feel worse, and he hated it.

He would usually talk to Simmons or Clara about these things, but one of them was acting weird around him, and the other was ... well ... indisposed.

But he still brought in a jasmine tea, seeing Jemma frowning over her computer with Fitz. Leith faltered slightly, suddenly caught up in the way her hair fell over her shoulders. He didn't know when things changed between them, not really, but all of the sudden, it was there. It had hit him like a harsh blow to the chest, and now, it wouldn't leave.

"This is hopeless," she was saying, scoffing at whatever the computer said.

"Just hold on, Simmons," Fitz peered through the microscope, turning the nobs to get a better look. Leith suspected it was the antitoxin he and Simmons had been working on, but without Roy, it was a lot harder. Leith has heard that it was way too risky. While by the off chance it could work, it could end up killing Daisy and Clara (at best). "The antitoxin appears to be fighting the Hive parasites."