lviii. If The World Was Ending

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* ascension *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: June 28th, 2016
location: the Playground, Classified

     ━━Clara wasn't thinking properly, she knew that. She knew that but didn't make the move to stop herself as she made her way to the hangar. She had a mission, and she wouldn't stop until she got back at Hive for everything he did to her, and to her family, and her friends. She made her this, and this was exactly what he was going to get. 

     The base was in lockdown, but it didn't stop her. Clara knew this place back to front; she knew ways to get to the hangar without the doors. She helped Fitz and Daisy design some of the interiors from the containment modules. And if she knew Daisy, she knew she'd take this chance to go up. And when she forced her way into her room, she wasn't surprised to see the containment module ascended up towards the Zephyr.

     She followed. 

     Maybe her anger accelerated her powers. Emotion, like everything else, triggered engery━it moved, drew and released with it. Clara has made it her responsibility to understand as much as she could about what science knew, and it only touched the surface. Because energy was everything. Roy didn't even know the surface of what she could do, and part of her didn't think she wanted to. But right now, she wasn't going to stop it. She'd need it all to take down Hive, and she wasn't going to take no as an answer.

     He hollowed her out. Made her into a shell of who she used to be. Forced her to like hurting people; hurting those she cared about and promised she'd never harm. He took everything that made her away from her. Her morals, her coding, her compassion. 

     And she was beyond angry; beyond furious. 

     Some people in this world; some powered people seem as though they shouldn't be allowed to exist. They held so much power, and so much control, they were a ticking time-bomb of destruction━like a nuclear warhead ready to explode and take out everything with them. Clara never considered herself one of them. But right now, that switched. She was going to let this power truly show, for the first, and last time. And it will be worth it.

     When the gold light cascaded into the Zephyr loading bay, Clara could see Hive stand over Daisy. She was unconscious, crumpled. She didn't even look as though she had put up a fight. Roy wondered whether she came up here to escape the pain. She came up here in search for the relief the Sway gave, no matter the consequence because she was so destroyed, so empty and so hollow, it was all she had left.