xlvii. A Doctor's Morals

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* bouncing back *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: March 16th, 2016
location: The Playground, Classified

━━"You are going to tell me everything, right now! YOU UNDERSTAND ME? DO YOU?!"

Clara's eyes snapped back open. Gritting her teeth, she swallowed herself in the water of her bath, letting the bubbles overtake her. The water washed away the thoughts, drowned her memory. Resurfacing, she gasped, wiping away the bubbles and her wet hair from her face. He was dead, she told herself. Ward was dead. She didn't have to worry about him anymore. Coulson killed him on Maveth. He was gone.

But he wasn't one from her memory. His promises of never hurting her still washed bitterly through her mind like streams of long-forgotten dreams and hopes━after so long, how could have she still been so naive? To think that Ward wouldn't hurt her?

She let her head fall back against the cool brown tiles, letting out a long sigh that seemed to exhale out all her bad thoughts from her body and down the drain of the bath. I'm okay, she told herself. I'm not going crazy.

Clara put on a good show, she always did. Saying she was fine and everything was okay when it was the exact opposite. It was always the exact opposite, and now, she felt like she might as well just accept that she wasn't meant to feel otherwise.

One day, you'll understandYOU UNDERSTAND ME? DO YOU?!

GO AWAY! Clara threw her head back under the water, and felt like she was back down in the bottom of the ocean, and she had to resurface before her chest and heart would explode. Coughing, she slammed her foot against the end of the bath in her frustration. He's dead, he's dead, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone━

She didn't want to cry━in fact, Clara didn't think she could cry anymore. Just lock it away in your drawer, she told herself. Lock it away forever.

But she couldn't.

Clara thought back to when she first met Ward. He had walked up that ramp, eyed the three of them down━her, Fitz and Simmons, listening to their arguing and stated with a gruff, "Fitz-Roy-Simmons?" that had started a whirlwind adventure. But Clara would be honest, she never expected it to end the way it had. No matter what Ward did, or what he had said, deep down she always believed he would never hurt her; she always believed she held that over him ... until that night in the tent.

And now he was dead; gone forever.

Wrapping her arms around her legs, she set her chin on the wet knees. Her bare back hit the cool air of the bathroom fan, and she shivered.