Helium (Retsu x Reader.)

(Lyric/Song fanfic. Please enjoy.)

Evening had fell.

The sky had dimmed, painting it all sorts of beautiful shades of purple, pink and orange.

It'd been quite a long day-

You were a nurse- you worked in a clinic located inside the shin shin kai karate school.

So many injuries that day, you'd worked yourself ragged, but you stayed for one reason.

A man named Retsu.

You hadn't known him for long- you met him when he saved you from being mugged quite some time ago.

And from that day forward you admired him from afar.

It was actually pure coincidence but with each day that passed you only grew fonder.

He was strong, brave and kind.

But you knew he'd could never see you that way...

There were so many much more beautiful women then you.

You sighed, flopping down on the table top, staring at the color streaked evening sky.

Sure you were sad at the thought but....

Just being able to be close to him was enough.

You grabbed a notepad, filling out some paperwork and before you knew it you were singing softly to yourself.

"I'm trying but I keep falling down~ I cry out but nothing comes now~"

.............................................

Retsu walked through the empty hallway of the school.

He often came during these hours, taking the opportunity to train by himself.

Though he could hear something.

More like someone.

What was that....?

It sounded like....singing?

A soft voice echoed through the empty hallways.

"I giving it my all and I know peace will come~"

Retsu froze.

"I never wanted to meet someonnne~ yeah I wanted to play tough thought I could do all this on my own..."

Retsu was approaching the source of the sound.

It was...

Coming from the clinic?

He peeked inside.

And there you were.

The soft glow of evening, covering you in a soft orange hue- illuminating your sitting form.

"But even superwoman sometimes needed superman's souul~"

The man held his breath.

"Oh won't you help me out of this hell? Your love- lifts me up helium- Your love lifts me up when I'm down, down, down~ When I hit the ground your all I need-"

You flipped the page gently, snapping Retsu out of his trance.

"-If I let go I flow towards the sun~ I am stronger because you fill me up. When the fear comes I drift towards the ground- and I am lucky that your around."

You inhaled softly.

"Yeah I wanted play tough thought I could do all this on my own but even superwoman sometimes needed superman's soul-"

Retsu slipped a bit, accidentally stepping into the clinic.

Your eyes shot towards the door upon hearing a scuffling noise come from the doorway.

Standing from the desk, you set the notepad down with a small clack.

"H...Hello?"

The man looked up, sheepishly and your heart raced upon realising it was Retsu.

He rubbed the back of his neck.

"My...My apologies, Y/n. Please continue. Your voice is quite beautiful."

This made you flush.

"O-Oh thank you u-um...how long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to know that even Superwoman needs superman's soul."

Your face felt like it was in fire.

Oh god.

Had Retsu really heard you singing some cheesy love song?

"I....I liked it. The words have good meaning."

"O-Oh...."

"So....what are you doing here by yourself?"

"I had some paperwork to fill out. Finishing up some things. Y'know."

Retsu nodded.

"Always so diligent and caring. Putting others before yourself."

"A-Ah what? N-No they're much more important- they need the care-"

"Yes they do but there's also a full time doctor here to help out. If there's ever a time you need to rest, he can take care of things."

He couldn't help but notice the stand of hair that fell in your face, reaching over and tucking it behind your ear.

Your heart almost exploded.

"There....now if you'll excuse me I should be going to train."

Retsu said, looking at you with a soft smile.

Just as he reached the doorway he stopped, turning his neck to look at you.

"And....you should sing more often by the way. I wouldn't mind listening again."

Once he was gone you finally released the breath you didn't realise you were holding in.

(End of Helium *Retsu x reader* Part One.)