14: Two Kingdoms and Aliens

Once, there was harmony amongst humans. They danced and laughed and played together. A long time ago, one population was diverse. They had multiple cultures with multiple races all living together in one place. Times change, though.

Around a century ago, the Aliens came. They came in peace and lived happily amongst the people. One colony of aliens separated from the rest and went to live with their own kind, discriminating humans, but never harming them.

The rest of the aliens distributed themselves among the humans and this is where we gain our ancestors from. Different tribes, colonies, and kingdoms were created through this distribution. These included the Sisites, Kupians, and the Meocians.

These colonies are the last surviving people of the earth. However, the last Kupian was just reported to have passed away two weeks ago. This left the Sisites and the Meocians to rule over their lands.

The Kupians thrived with both the good and the bad. They were known distinctly to have black hair and pale yellow eyes or platinum blonder hair and deep black eyes. The royals were all black, striving with the dark colours of authority that didn't necessarily mean evil.

The Meocians are known for their exceptional craftsmanship and hunting skills. Their appearance usually consisted of purple or white eyes. Their hair was either blue, black, or white. However, having both white hair and white eyes was extremely rare, and only the royal family has such features.

The Sisites are known for their expertise in music and knowledge. They rely less on strength and brutality, but rather on efficiency and wits. Their eyes are one of the primary colours, blue, red, or yellow. Their hair is typically strawberry blonde, bright turquoise, or shimmering gold. The royals could be recognised through their blue, all-knowing eyes, and their golden hair.

There is an inevitable war ahead.

"Naomi! Stop reading the newspaper! That's adult stuff!" Hans yells at me from across the room. I roll my eyes at him and flip him off.

He returns the favour. "I don't care if it's adult stuff. It's interesting," I say, clearly annoyed.

Hans has been my best friend since forever. We grew up together in the palace, his parents being important people and all.

I set down the newspaper saying that there was an inevitable war. I didn't really want there to be one. The Sisites and the Meocians have gotten along through trade and other methods just fine. The last Kupian had recently passed away, leaving the free land up for grabs, which the Meocians would like to take.

"Come here, quick!" Hans yells at me.

A corpse was lying in the flower beds beneath the open fourth-floor window. "Ugh, again?"

A couple of guards rush towards both of us. I actually liked the woman who had died. She had been my nanny and when she got relieved of her nanny services, I arranged her to be a maid. I thought it would be a better alternative than being executed.

I look at Ursula's dented face and give the signal the Meocians use to mourn those who have passed. "It's a shame she died. She was an amazing nanny and maid," I say.

The guards bow their heads in respect as they pick up the body and drag her into another building.

I walk around the palace gardens with Hans as glass shatters in one of the grand hall windows. I sigh miserably. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN? ANOTHER ONE OF THE STAFF WAS MURDERED?" Someone yells from the room.

"The palace is as lively as ever. Especially Father," I say with the shake of my head.

"Yes, especially with your father," Hans replies.